Solar Power with Directional MiFi for Outdoor Cameras
2 2

5 posts in this topic

I would love to be able to place a camera at the end of the drive pointing toward the house to catch license plates. If Radio Shack still existed as it did in the 80's I could probably do it, but I lack the motivation  :)  So I will ask for an out of the box solution!

Is there a post on POE. I was hoping the camera would run on it but I couldn't find anything about it being supported. My house is networked and I don't mind pulling new cat6.

Here is the site where I bought mine. I'd say if you're only doing one camera the cost for the injector and one splitter should be around $40.00.  

The injector will supply more volts than needed and the splitter will step it down depending on the voltage you need, typically 5 volt for interior and 12 volt for exterior at least for the Foscam cameras.

Call Murray at the number on the site and tell him what you're doing.  He'll set you up with the right equipment, the price will be fair and it'll ship the same day.

I recently installed a 8 port injector with 6 splitters and it was about $100 delivered.  It works great and I have it on an Iris wall switch set to cycle once per day therefore rebooting my cameras daily.

http://wifiqos.com/