Garage Door Opener Rules
3 3

28 posts in this topic

Picked up a V1 GDO for $12 last week (on clearance) at Lowe's. I'm admittedly still on V1, but I'm not seeing much in the way of magic rules for the GDO, other than being able to open it if the alarm goes off, or schedule it.

Is there an option to be able to close it if all the fobs are gone? Is this possible in V2. What other cool things will I be able to do in V2 with a GDO?

Side note: why is the GDO part of the controls menu, and not locks?

In V2 it is a part of the doors and locks card. In V2 you can create a scene to open or close the garage door(s) and then run that scene based of fob departure or presence. You can schedule these scenes based on an individual fob, when the first arrives or last leaves.

In V2 it is a part of the doors and locks card. In V2 you can create a scene to open or close the garage door(s) and then run that scene based of fob departure or presence. You can schedule these scenes based on an individual fob, when the first arrives or last leaves.

Perfect, thank you. I guess no use complaining about lack of V1 functionality with the end in sight :P Hub is supposed to be here this week.

In V1 you could trigger other devices when the garage door opened, you can't in V2.  For instance when garage door opened after sunset turn on all the outside lights.

The ability to use the Linear controller to do this will return.

So for me, I just went to lowes and picked up an opener. I installed it and paired it with the hub. When I click open from the app the opener beeps and flashes but nothing happens. I have moved around the cables (red text cable in red port then swapped, same with solid white cable) and retested but no luck.

Any ideas? 

Are you sure you have a compatible opener? Most are but a few are not.

The controller is probably working if you're getting the light and beep unless it's defective and not closing the circuit with the two wire lead.  If all else checks out just identify the two wires coming from your push button and connect the controller into those wires at the opener.

Are you sure you have a compatible opener? Most are but a few are not.

The controller is probably working if you're getting the light and beep unless it's defective and not closing the circuit with the two wire lead.  If all else checks out just identify the two wires coming from your push button and connect the controller into those wires at the opener.

I have made sure the ports I am putting the wires in are the ones that go to the opener and not the sensors. Is there a list of compatible and incompatible openers? does it matter if my opener says MyQ compatible on it?  

In V1 you could trigger other devices when the garage door opened, you can't in V2.  For instance when garage door opened after sunset turn on all the outside lights.

Out of 4 Iris installations in the family, the #1 thing any of us have ever wanted out of garage door automation is a rule to alert us if the garage door has been left open for too long.  Now that the care service is part of the core package, you can get notifications about any door except the garage door!  I guess I could buy yet another door sensor and do it that way, but I have a hard time believing this is such an unusual wish.

Out of 4 Iris installations in the family, the #1 thing any of us have ever wanted out of garage door automation is a rule to alert us if the garage door has been left open for too long.  Now that the care service is part of the core package, you can get notifications about any door except the garage door!  I guess I could buy yet another door sensor and do it that way, but I have a hard time believing this is such an unusual wish.

I was just planning on adding this today.  Last night when I went to bed I couldn't remember if I closed the garage door, so I checked through the app and sure enough I had not.  I closed it and I thought I need to add something to make sure that doesn't happen in the future.  I have a button by my bed that I press and it runs a Good Night scene turning off all the lights.   So I added to close both the garage doors as well.  I also thought about adding a notification, but as you say apparently that is not one of the options.

You can add garage door notifications.

I know you can get a notification when it opens and/or closes (at least you can with the Genie Door) - but can you get the notice if it's left open for a certain amount of time? 

Hey, first post here, long time Iris owner, but lurked here until I got the ol' move to Version 2 or else. 

Anyway, migrated over the weekend, mostly trouble free, however, I do have a garage door controller question.  Am I just not seeing it or is it just not possible yet to have the garage door tilt sensor set to ON for the alarm system?  Sadly, I cannot use a simple contact sensor on the garage door as the lovely winds of New Mexico would trigger false alarms all day long.

No but you could add a tilt or contact sensor and do it.

If only the garage door controller already had a tilt sensor built in. Wait it does but we can't use it for anything like this or to set off an alarm... I called and complained about this (v1 vs v2) and I was sent a contact sensor to put on the garage...

If only the garage door controller already had a tilt sensor built in. Wait it does but we can't use it for anything like this or to set off an alarm... I called and complained about this (v1 vs v2) and I was sent a contact sensor to put on the garage...

Good, your problem has been solved.