Garage Door Opener Rules
3 3

28 posts in this topic

I was Looking for the best garage door openers in 2018 and some other issues related to their installation and so i found this discussion.I want some suggestions that which will be best and good quality garage door opener? also i saw somewhere that it may start making noises and it may have small range so which will be the quietest and longer range with best in quality.

Only one I've ever used is the one made by Linear, who seem to make openers for a number of systems beyond Iris and with all the false reports I get from the tilt sensor, which tell me right now that the door is open, when I can look right at it and see it's not, I'm hesitant to recommend it.  I believe you can set rules to do things like close the door after a certain hour, I'm afraid mine would open rather than close as the tilt sensor is truly its only way of differentiating open from closed.  Wind hitting my door seems to trip that sensor often.

I have had the Iris branded Linear for around 4 years and have only had to change the tilt sensor battery once and have only had a handfull of times where it stopped responding remotely and each time it was fixed by simply unplugging it and pluggin it back in then pressing the pairing button once then waiting about an hour for it to become available again.  That has only happened once since switching to the V2 hub.  I have had no other issues with it and I have a rule setup that closes it at 11pm in case we forget, have never had it open although I don't have the tilt sensor issues shmoe723 is running into.