Hub Offline Alert - please bring back!!
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Text/notification/email or call when hub goes offline.  V1 would alert me by text and email when my hub went offline due to internet connectivity issues, V2 does NOT.  This is a security concern if burglars cut my cable connection outside and trip my alarm, I would not be notified remotely (and I'm a premium customer).  An alarm would put me on alert and I can also call comcast to yell at them to get my internet back up.  Please bring this feature back ASAP!!!   

I just tried disconnecting my hub.  I waited an hour without getting notified.  

So, I plugged it back in.  There's nothing in the history that says when it went offline and when it was reconnected. This completely inexcusable!  

I just tried disconnecting my hub.  I waited an hour without getting notified.  

So, I plugged it back in.  There's nothing in the history that says when it went offline and when it was reconnected. This completely inexcusable!  

When you say disconnecting are you talking about removing power or an Internet connection?

I just killed the power to mine and received an immediate push it had switched to battery backup and when I powered it back up I received an immediate notification powered had been restored.

post-8-0-63685400-1466350432_thumb.png

post-8-0-24314800-1466350447_thumb.png

When you say disconnecting are you talking about removing power or an Internet connection?

I just killed the power to mine and received an immediate push it had switched to battery backup and when I powered it back up I received an immediate notification powered had been restored.

attachicon.gifHub Offline.png

attachicon.gifHub Online.png

Sorry, I wan't clear.   I was talking about an internet outage (disconnecting the ethernet cable).  IRIS will not alert you about a disconnected hub for 24 hours.   The hub disconnect won't even show up in the History logs.  

This was confirmed by IRIS support:

Thank you for reaching out to the Iris Support Team. The second generation Iris hub only notifies you that it goes offline if it stays offline for 24 hours, at that point you will get a Push Notification that it is offline.