Basic mode has no place to enter who you want it to contact
1 1

8 posts in this topic

unlike v1  basic has no place to enter your cell phone the phone you want it to call and the email you want messages sent to.  

The only way to change your contact email is to change your logon.

The only way to change who it calls is to change your phone # this changes the phone number your account is setup under.

When you call for support this is how your account is listed So if you want it to call a neighbor your account is now listed under the neighbors phone #.   Nice hu.

It wont send text at all so you have to change your email to something you can redirect to one of the email to text gateways.

I still don't see why they cant do text messages.

I agree. Miss the txt msgs. I had many rules set up to alert me when this or that occurred. Let me monitor status of doors, windows, motion in a room, temperature alerts, etc. Some of this can be had as push notifications to the app but I've noticed on my Galaxy Note that when a push notification comes in it does not trigger an audible alert on my phone. When these msgs came through with V1 hub as SMS txt messages then my phone would chirp with whatever sound I had selected in the phones setup.

Also, when in the car, these txt messages would be read aloud to me over the cars audio system and I didn't have to fiddle with the phone to see what's up at home, just listen.

And speaking of verbal alerts the new hub is mute apparently. The V1 hub would talk to you when arming/disarming and when a smoke alarm was triggered, dead silence now. Is that the way the new hub should work or do I need to change a setting somewhere?

Basic mode will only contact the one email/phone number of the person setting it up. I have talked to a couple people that set up multiple people while on the 2 months of free premium and the notifications have kept coming when they were switched back to basic.

the V2 hub does not talk either. It is another one of the wonderful "upgrades" they gave us...

Another option might be to setup an email account for use with Iris only.

Most ISPs allow you more than one email address with your account.

Comcast gives six I believe. Now that the kids are grown up and out of

the house I have 3 unused email accounts. I could set up on for use

with Iris only and both the wife and I could setup an email account on

our phones to receive emails from Iris. Could block out all other email

traffic by placing only Iris in the white list and block everything else.

Email accounts are a dime a dozen.  Notwithstanding Google and other free services you can buy your own domain and host it for almost nothing and have unlimited email accounts as well.

Agree, an alarm is not of much use if say you're asleep and someone breaks in and attacks you or there is a fire and the safety alarm activates. You'll be busy fighting off the intruder or getting your butt out of the house in a fire to worry about that one phone call. Need to be able to call at least one other phone number.