Garage Door Controller
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Have you fully reset the GDO before attempting to pair?  I believe that you press the button on the GDO eight times.  Make sure that you have the hub very close to the GDO while pairing even using a long ethernet cable if needed.  Also make sure that you do not have any devices that have paired as "New Device 1".  If you do it will need to be removed before pairing.

This worked for me.

Step 1 - Remove from V1.  When it gets to the point where it ask you to go to the device so it will confirm it is being removed press the Reset/Link button once and then wait a few seconds and V1 should indicate it has been removed.

Step 2 - Start Iris V2, press the Reset/Link button 5 times in succession set V2 in pairing mode and then wait, have hub close to GDO.

I think having the HUB close to the GDO is important.

I long pressed the reset but didn't do the 8 button reset, will try that tonight. I DO have that New Device 1 listed but can't get rid of it. I tried Remove Device (go the 'humm, something went wrong' error) and ran the Z-wave tool but no luck, still there. Ideas? 

I long pressed the reset but didn't do the 8 button reset, will try that tonight. I DO have that New Device 1 listed but can't get rid of it. I tried Remove Device (go the 'humm, something went wrong' error) and ran the Z-wave tool but no luck, still there. Ideas? 

If you are on IOS you will either have to get a android device to remove or call tech support. When I went through the process I could never remove a New device 1 with the IOS app.    I loaded Bluestacks android emulator on my PC and removed the devices with that. 

You must get it removed before you can pair it.  If your V1 hub is still working you could try useing it's Z-Wave removal tool as well. 

The GDO is a stubborn when you move to V2. I had to get it less than 5' from the hub and repeat the "reset, orphan remove, pair" 5 times before it finally paired and the last update knocked out both of my GDO, I'm waiting on tier 2 support to call me.

The GDO is a stubborn when you move to V2. I had to get it less than 5' from the hub and repeat the "reset, orphan remove, pair" 5 times before it finally paired and the last update knocked out both of my GDO, I'm waiting on tier 2 support to call me.

After 30 minutes on hold the New Device 1 so tonight I'll set the hub beside the GDC and set how it does and go from there. Thanks all. Almost have the new fancy V2 hub to where it works as good as the old outdated rock solid V1 hub that was working fine. lol

After 30 minutes on hold the New Device 1 so tonight I'll set the hub beside the GDC and set how it does and go from there. Thanks all. Almost have the new fancy V2 hub to where it works as good as the old outdated rock solid V1 hub that was working fine. lol

Welcome to the wild side.

Bringing the hub right beside the GDC did the trick. I still had to do it twice and there is now an orphan device I can't clear but the GD works. Getting there, at about 90% of where I was with V1. Thanks for the help all. 

I COULD NOT get my garage door opener (full genie opener, not just controller) to be released by V1, and of course after transitioning, didn't have online access to the V1 system to remove the device. I solved my problem (after no help from 2 hours of tech support) by logging into V1 under my wife's account! For some reason, only the admin account is locked down after migration and I could remove devices from her account.