12 12

121 posts in this topic

Looks like this is how to use the PIR instead of the camera for motion:

SYSTEM& pir_mode
pir_mot_mode
pir_mot_timer
pir_range

and

EVENT&event_pir (not sure the settings yet - looks both TCP and dry contact)

here you go:

/adm/get_group.cgi?group=SYSTEM

irled_mode=1

Try 

irled_mode=0

The second I tried - did not work.

night_mode

irled_mode

irled_lum

led_mode (This turns the link/traffic LEDs off, really cool for hiding the camera)

color

So not sure if I'm being hacked, or somehow IRIS is trying to take control of the camera. Several times now the camera has stopped showing up in BlueIris and when I try and reach it from a web browser the password won't work. I changed the default password this time to see what happens. 

I even reset the camera, was able to access it for about 10 minutes then BAM...Password locked out again.

I'll report back if it happens again.

So not sure if I'm being hacked, or somehow IRIS is trying to take control of the camera. Several times now the camera has stopped showing up in BlueIris and when I try and reach it from a web browser the password won't work. I changed the default password this time to see what happens. 

I even reset the camera, was able to access it for about 10 minutes then BAM...Password locked out again.

Strange, yes. That has not happened to me on cameras previously paired to both V1 and V2. Are they exposed to the outside?  

You do not need a password to view the cameras while viewing from your internal network unless you secured them with this API call: 

cameraip/adm/set_group.cgi?group=USER&login_check=1

Not unless they were configured to local viewing on V1.

Mine were configured for local viewing. Upon reset, I set a password for config but not view. No way to get "in" except for the V2 hub - they can't. Well they could but...

Mine were configured for local viewing. Upon reset, I set a password for config but not view. No way to get "in" except for the V2 hub - they can't. Well they could but...

Just for kicks, I told V2 to add look for Iris cameras - came up blank and local API view intact.

I suspected that changing the password and log on would have prevented the hub pairing with it.  

Yep.

Still not sure about the "night IR". Is it possible that the firmware loaded by V1 had additional capabilities not present in the stock image?

Yep.

Still not sure about the "night IR". Is it possible that the firmware loaded by V1 had additional capabilities not present in the stock image?

No, I never paired any of my cameras to v2 so they all have v1 firmware on them.  Since you mentioned this I have searched every group for anything that remotely looks like it would be the setting and toggled it and tested on the camera.  The setting has to be there somewhere, I just can't find it.

You do not need a password to view the cameras while viewing from your internal network unless you secured them with this API call:

cameraip/adm/set_group.cgi?group=USER&login_check=1

It wouldn't let me into anything. Any command I tried said bad password and the local viewing through the link wouldn't work either. I could still scan the camera on my network and see it was connected and services were available.

It wouldn't let me into anything. Any command I tried said bad password and the local viewing through the link wouldn't work either. I could still scan the camera on my network and see it was connected and services were available.

use a paper clip and push the reset button on the back of the camera a full 15 seconds and start over.  It sounds like it did not reset properly.

No, I never paired any of my cameras to v2 so they all have v1 firmware on them.  Since you mentioned this I have searched every group for anything that remotely looks like it would be the setting and toggled it and tested on the camera.  The setting has to be there somewhere, I just can't find it.

Found it -

group=VIDEO&dn_sch=

0=auto

1=schedule

2=force day (disables IR shutter)

3=force night

Found it -

group=VIDEO&dn_sch=

0=auto

1=schedule

2=force day (disables IR shutter)

3=force night

Awesome.  You are the man.  I had toggled that setting from 0 to 1.  It never occurred to me to take it to 2 or even 3. I am going to copy this to the top of the thread.

Fun with PIR - Email a short video at motion detection.

You'll need to have access to an email server and know the settings. I've not tried authentication against a major email service.

There was much trial and error here and a lot of these have additional parameters that show up when you guess the first one correctly and some are still a mystery.

These files are about 12 seconds and 2MB. They also appear to start several seconds prior to the PIR event.

Here is the log:

5/19/2016 13:09:15 SMTP: Send E-mail OK by SMTP server [host: xyz@abc.org].
05/19/2016 13:08:59 Alert: PIR & Motion Detection (bundle) triggered.

And the basic required settings:

SYSTEM
pir_mode=1

EMAIL
smtp_enable=1
smtp_server= (I used IP but since NTP performs DNS lookup maybe not required)
smtp_port=25
smtp_auth=0(none) 1=SMTP
SMTP_account=
SMTP_password=
from_addr=
to_addr1=
to_addr2=
to_addr3=
send_email=1 (or 2 or 3)
subject=I look funny waving at the camera

EVENT
event_trigger=1 (set 0 to stop sending emails for all events)
event_schedule=1
event_pir=email:1 (this one was tricky - once I got the first one, the rest populated : email:1;ftpu:0;op1:0;httpn:0;smbc:0;sd:0)
event_attach=0 (seems to be the type of mpeg as some were not playable)
event_mpeg4=A,B,C (A= 0 (asf) 1 (mp4) 3 (avi) B=0 C=1 (B and C seem to set these values no matter what))

use a paper clip and push the reset button on the back of the camera a full 15 seconds and start over.  It sounds like it did not reset properly.

I did that several times. I changed the password and I haven't had a problem since. Very odd. It was almost as if something was locking the camera down or changing the password. Everything has been stable. I have both a V1 and V2 hub running. The camera has been paired to both in the past but that seems normal for most people here.

Been re-reading your posts.  As I mentioned earlier, I am not that swift on the programming side.  I do not have an Android but an apple.  Do you know if IP camera viewer for the ios (ip Camera Viewer) will work?  I cannot find alertme under the brand selection but there seems to be the ability to enter generic with the web addresses.  I am guessing that I would follow your instructions on my connected system at the house, configure the camera for wifi, and then connect to my iphone.  Does this sound right or have I missed an important step?

Thanks in advance

Been re-reading your posts.  As I mentioned earlier, I am not that swift on the programming side.  I do not have an Android but an apple.  Do you know if IP camera viewer for the ios (ip Camera Viewer) will work?  I cannot find alertme under the brand selection but there seems to be the ability to enter generic with the web addresses.  I am guessing that I would follow your instructions on my connected system at the house, configure the camera for wifi, and then connect to my iphone.  Does this sound right or have I missed an important step?

Thanks in advance

I moved your post to this thread.  You can view these cameras in IP Cam viewer.  The cameras are Sercomm Cameras.  I beleive the settings for the 8030 model works,  Note that currently you must unpair from Iris in order to use IP Cam viewer.