How to Take Total Control of your Iris Cameras with the API
12 12

121 posts in this topic

I figured out how to access the camera API on V2 after pairing it with the hub.  The default password/username are based off the Hub MAC address and are plain text availible (noticed it when looking into the hub info that came from theGillion's web portal.

I figured out how to access the camera API on V2 after pairing it with the hub.  The default password/username are based off the Hub MAC address and are plain text availible (noticed it when looking into the hub info that came from theGillion's web portal.

This would be great news.  When you say "based off of" what does that mean exactly? What is the username and password? Perhaps an example might help.

Yep, I posted this yesterday morning.

http://forum.livingwithiris.com/index.php?/topic/3368-iris-20-web-interface-v1010/page-17

This would be great news.  When you say "based off of" what does that mean exactly? What is the username and password? Perhaps an example might help.

The username is: Sercomm_XX_XX_XX_XX_XX_XX where X is the MAC address of your hub.  

Note: Make sure you use an underscore instead of a colon when entering your MAC address.

I have only tested this on V2 cameras and it does work.  Maybe someone could see if this works on V1 cameras as well?

The username is: Sercomm_XX_XX_XX_XX_XX_XX where X is the MAC address of your hub.  

Note: Make sure you use an underscore instead of a colon when entering your MAC address.

I have only tested this on V2 cameras and it does work.  Maybe someone could see if this works on V1 cameras as well?

And the password?

I changed one thing audio out =1 and waited to see if it would stick.  Within 10 minutes the camera dropped off iSpy.  Anyone actually use the password info to do anything?

Here's a full list of the SerComm API with descriptions.  Just a note, some of the settings are either removed or locked via FW, so they can't be changed.  Also there seems to be a later revision of the API floating out on the interwebs somewhere (I guess?!) to add some of the newer features.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo0tn6zjf8ww4bi/SerComm%20Neutral%20Brand%20IP%20Camera%20Configuration%20File%20...%20-%20Rpra.co.uk.pdf?dl=0

48 minutes ago, Silver Surfer said:

New here and I am able to get to my camera and get a snapshot, change passwords, but I cannot get video..

Is there a way to view real time?

Thanks

You can view real time using free third party software (ispy for pc or ipcam viewer or tiny cam for android or iOS).

2 hours ago, Silver Surfer said:

New here and I am able to get to my camera and get a snapshot, change passwords, but I cannot get video..

Is there a way to view real time?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum!  You should also be able to pull up a "Live Broadcast" from within the app.  Go to the camera card and press the arrow button in the lower left corner of the preview image.

On 1/1/2017 at 8:59 AM, c379776 said:

I changed one thing audio out =1 and waited to see if it would stick.  Within 10 minutes the camera dropped off iSpy.  Anyone actually use the password info to do anything?

I've been able to get audio through Blue Iris, but it has a lot of static.  If you listen real close you can hear what's going on, but with all the static it's not very useful.  Anyone else able to get a clear audio stream?

I've been able to get audio through Blue Iris, but it has a lot of static.  If you listen real close you can hear what's going on, but with all the static it's not very useful.  Anyone else able to get a clear audio stream?

I get wind not static

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, thegillion said:

I get wind not static

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure it's not coming from wind.  I get the same amount of noise from an indoor camera that I get from an outdoor one.