How to Take Total Control of your Iris Cameras with the API
15 15

206 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, JBKerner said:

Can anyone confirm that Blue Iris works with the OC830 (indoor/outdoor cam)?  I have 9 OC830s and 1 RC8221, so I want to be sure.  I didn't see an entry for that one on their Technology page.  I sent them an email (seems to be the only way to contact them).  Having been burned before, I'm a bit leery of doing business with any company that doesn't have a contact telephone number. 

Yes, they do work.

I have 5 v1 outdoor cams, 2 indoor cams and 2 v2 indoor/outdoor cams. I'll sell the whole lot for $100 or $20 a piece. Just PM me you pay shipping at that price.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

On 2/15/2019 at 12:03 PM, JBKerner said:

Can anyone confirm that Blue Iris works with the OC830 (indoor/outdoor cam)?  I have 9 OC830s and 1 RC8221, so I want to be sure.  I didn't see an entry for that one on their Technology page.  I sent them an email (seems to be the only way to contact them).  Having been burned before, I'm a bit leery of doing business with any company that doesn't have a contact telephone number. 

Yes it does work.

Does anyone know the new login information for v1 indoor and outdoor cams? Since moving to a new home I had to repair with iris v2 hub and the passwords in the thread don't work. I would like to make some final tweaks before and after iris is shutdown. I have been able to get smartthings to stream video but I wanted to add the feature of using the SD card slots and recording video and audio. For me it just seems wasteful to have to buy new cams when I am happy with the ones I have. Or does anyone know how to install the real firmware with out the iris limitations. 

9 hours ago, neoleo2003 said:

Does anyone know the new login information for v1 indoor and outdoor cams? Since moving to a new home I had to repair with iris v2 hub and the passwords in the thread don't work. I would like to make some final tweaks before and after iris is shutdown. I have been able to get smartthings to stream video but I wanted to add the feature of using the SD card slots and recording video and audio. For me it just seems wasteful to have to buy new cams when I am happy with the ones I have. Or does anyone know how to install the real firmware with out the iris limitations. 

The info in the original post is still valid.  If you follow Otto's instructions you should be able to reset everything to factory defaults and then use the API to setup the camera anyway you want.  I know this still works because I just reset 8 Iris V1 & V2 cameras.

21 hours ago, neoleo2003 said:

Any chance anyone know if we can get the password for the cameras without iris Web portal? I don't want to factory rest just yet.

Your local streaming password is is the Iris app.  Check the camera settings there.

This afternoon I reset all of my cameras and set them up to run on Blue Iris and I can tell you that they run much better now.  No more shutter clicking and none of them are falling off of Blue Iris and coming back.  I recommend that if you are coming from Iris and want to use the cameras, you should bite the bullet and reset them.  Totally worth it.

10 hours ago, Otto Mation said:

This afternoon I reset all of my cameras and set them up to run on Blue Iris and I can tell you that they run much better now.  No more shutter clicking and none of them are falling off of Blue Iris and coming back.  I recommend that if you are coming from Iris and want to use the cameras, you should bite the bullet and reset them.  Totally worth it.

I'm glad you got everything working.  Just so you know, I checked with the developer of BI and the password length can be up to 40 characters.

Before Iris shuts down, is there anything I need to do besides recording the ID and PASS and current IP address for each camera?

Otto mentioned that he reset his cameras and this was providing more stable operation. How do I do that (also do I need to do that) and does that change the ID and PASS for the camera from what they are currently under Iris?

Right now I have an OC821 and a OC830 camera and they are both connected to Iris and can be viewed using the IP Cam Viewer app on my phone, but only locally when my phone is connected to my home network. For remote viewing I used Iris which will be lost tomorrow.

On 3/30/2019 at 4:54 AM, sparc said:

Before Iris shuts down, is there anything I need to do besides recording the ID and PASS and current IP address for each camera?

Otto mentioned that he reset his cameras and this was providing more stable operation. How do I do that (also do I need to do that) and does that change the ID and PASS for the camera from what they are currently under Iris?

Right now I have an OC821 and a OC830 camera and they are both connected to Iris and can be viewed using the IP Cam Viewer app on my phone, but only locally when my phone is connected to my home network. For remote viewing I used Iris which will be lost tomorrow.

I am working on a step by step tutorial and will add it to the third post in this thread shortly.  The short answer is that you do not have to reset them but they work better if you do because they will cease to look for the Iris servers which takes up resources and any Iris settings will be eliminated.

Edit:  Done

http://forum.livingwithiris.com/topic/2633-how-to-take-total-control-of-your-iris-cameras-with-the-api/?do=findComment&comment=21135

If you are like me and you find that the green led on the back of the camera annoying and drawing undue attention to the camera you can turn it of by issuing the following command:

yourcameraisipaddress/adm/set_group.cgi?group=SYSTEM&led_mode=0

I have added this to the instructions in the third post of this thread.

Has anyone had any success using the HTTP trigger (http://[cameraip]/adm/http_trigger.cgi)?

These two sites:

https://www.alarmdecoder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=708

https://shkspr.mobi/blog/2013/11/hacking-around-with-network-cameras/#comment-4066

suggest that you can get the camera to take a video if you GET that URL, and you will get a return of OK. However, when I try it on my Lowe's indoor camera, it returns the word FAIL, and nothing shows up in the log (http://[cameraip]/adm/log.cgi). It would be great to get that to work.

I finally got the first one into Blue Iris following these instructions on page one - but...

They are missing the vital "how to"  to get them on WIFI, I followed that instruction, but they do not come on line in WIFI, what is missing in the instructions?

Do you need to powerdown and power on?

The issue I see is that it shows off-line in the linksys router - so yes it wont show, but it always came back on line before the master reset, so what are the steps to get it on the router in WIFI after a master reset???

3 hours ago, C2LS7driver said:

I finally got the first one into Blue Iris following these instructions on page one - but...

They are missing the vital "how to"  to get them on WIFI, I followed that instruction, but they do not come on line in WIFI, what is missing in the instructions?

Do you need to powerdown and power on?

The issue I see is that it shows off-line in the linksys router - so yes it wont show, but it always came back on line before the master reset, so what are the steps to get it on the router in WIFI after a master reset???

These steps worked on all of the 8 cameras that I reset.  This assumes you have set your router to assign the camera a static IP address.

yourcamersipaddtess/adm/set_group.cgi?group=WIRELESS&wlan_essid=thessidnamethatyourrouteruses

yourcamersipaddtess/adm/set_group.cgi?group=WIRELESS&wlan_domain=12

yourcamersipaddtess/adm/set_group.cgi?group=WIRELESS&wlan_security=2

yourcamersipaddtess/adm/set_group.cgi?group=WIRELESS&wpa_ascii=thewirelessnetworkpassword

Here is how to check your wireless settings

yourcamersipaddtess/adm/get_group.cgi?group=WIRELESS

I did those steps, all cameras with fixed IP addresses, as a mental check, it would be different each time it hit the network, and they are all the same, 15 of them...

the router doen't show an ip address when its off line, and shows the device with a line thru it, when I plug it into ethernet, its there with the same IP address as back in March when I tried to get these up and running away from Lowes, 

worse is I have only been able to get ONE camera connected to ethernet to accept the password, the first one, the second and the third, both connected to the same cable as the first, would not accept the password/UID

I do have two bands, and two different entry points, a 2.4GHz and a 5GHz, I was using the older 2.4GHz band just in case as some of these cameras I had before the 5GHz capable router.

I have reset them many times, the newer with the button held for a minute.

strange

nice Vette btw...

3 hours ago, C2LS7driver said:

I did those steps, all cameras with fixed IP addresses, as a mental check, it would be different each time it hit the network, and they are all the same, 15 of them...

the router doen't show an ip address when its off line, and shows the device with a line thru it, when I plug it into ethernet, its there with the same IP address as back in March when I tried to get these up and running away from Lowes, 

worse is I have only been able to get ONE camera connected to ethernet to accept the password, the first one, the second and the third, both connected to the same cable as the first, would not accept the password/UID

I do have two bands, and two different entry points, a 2.4GHz and a 5GHz, I was using the older 2.4GHz band just in case as some of these cameras I had before the 5GHz capable router.

I have reset them many times, the newer with the button held for a minute.

strange

nice Vette btw...

Thanks, the car has been in the garage for 25 years now.  Maybe someday I'll get it back out and drive it.  Anyway, your connection issue could be due to the wifi channel set within the camera  Try yourcamersipaddtess/adm/wireless_status.cgi and see what channel it is currently using.  If it's anything other than 0 you should probably change it. 

Try this:  yourcamersipaddtess/adm/set_group.cgi?group=WIRELESS&$wlan_channel=0.

I am now at a complete loss, nothing works, either they time out 404 not found, or any of the possible passwords fail.

I got one camera up last night and it worked fine, flipped its mirror etc. password and user as per instructions.  Just could not get it to go WIFI mode.

The second refused to join, and now I cannot get any knid of password to work on any of these that have been reset, I think there must be something in the linksys router.

What I did also was to close BLUE IRIS so that could not be interfering.  THat did not help, and.....when I just opened BLUE IRIS, that first camera I set up is there, functions fine in BLUE IRIS, really a lot nicer rapid picture than LOWES....but why can't I get to that one, or the other two I was hoping to add to accept any kind of password?   my first was a 70LT1, from there I went backwards to 1966.

1 hour ago, C2LS7driver said:

I am now at a complete loss, nothing works, either they time out 404 not found, or any of the possible passwords fail.

I would suggest you reset the camera and start over.  Before you start make sure you have your router setup to assign an IP address to the camera based on the camera's mac address.  The mac address is on label on the back of the camera.

OK, so in the LINKSYS 1900 router, I have DCHP Reservations for all of the cameras, and they are tied to the MAC addresses, I do not see in the router another way to do this.   

and this is what I find about those dchp reservation; A DHCP reservation is a permanent IP address assignment. It is a specific IP address within aDHCP scope that is permanently reserved for leased use to a specific DHCP client. Users can configure a DHCP reservation in their DHCP server when they need to reserve a permanent IP address assignment.

Clear cache, reboot computer.

I get to the router and the wired cameras are all present.

The first one is live on Blue Iris.

I have reset two that I intend to work next, one was alive with lowes IRIS, the other was not and not sure if it has a problem, but it is a newer 830, versus the 8221

Wired I show 6 cameras with IP addresses, and... I cannot access any of them.

The USER/PW is being rejected in all cases

Is it possible - reserving the DCHP address is causing this?

It's not a DHCP issue, you want the camera to have a static IP. 

After you reset the camera can you access the API using the default user name and password? 

Username: alertme

Password: nFQTEm*s67uxuF**a2vAth7RoJ

no that USER PW doesn't work, nor does the new pw that was set for the first camera, 

tried it more than 30 times, something happened after the first camera that blocks them all from access, and when I say that I cannot even access the first camera via its USER PW, yet it is working fine on BLUE IRIS