Audio Feedback on V1 Key Fob
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Just started playing around with trying security features with V2. When I got to programming a V1 key fob to enable and disable the alarm, I found that the audio feedback (chirp) on the fob that indicates that the keypress function was acknowledged by the hub was not occurring. Has anyone else noticed this?  I know this is a minor feature, and it even went away on some versions of V1 firmware, but it it is useful and would hope that it will be functional for V2.

Now that you mention it, I remember it chirping some time ago but then it stopped after migrating to V2. Didn't think too much about it since it's such a minor feature, though I can see how it's quite useful to know if the command was acknowledged or not.

I have three fobs and they always did this, except when they broke it in a firmware revision. I've only put one of them on V2, the other two still have the chirp working on V1. It is a useful feature, especially when you're approaching the house and want to know when you've truly got the alarm off.

They did make a VERY faint chirp sound on V1 (except for a while when they broke it with a firmware update). It was so quiet you REALLY had to listen for it, you could hear it if you put your ear right up to it. I too noticed that this went away in V2.

I'm with you there Whyris. I recently migrated and found this problem too. It was my confirmation that the fob was in range and communicating. Accidentally set off the alarm because my new hub wasn't in an optimal location yet.