battery status for all devices?

11 posts in this topic

V1 showed a summary report of battery status for all devices.....I do not see any similar functionality?  Instead, i have to manually click on devices or trust the emails that iris sends to manage batteries....I would like the summary battery report back...

V1 showed a summary report of battery status for all devices.....I do not see any similar functionality?  Instead, i have to manually click on devices or trust the emails that iris sends to manage batteries....I would like the summary battery report back...

So far from what I've found it does not correctly report battery status anyways. Devices just drop off when the batteries die without warning. I had to replace batteries in three devices last week with zero warning. They just went offline. (One motion sensor, two door/window sensors, so all important devices) Also since it's V2, it never let me know these devices were offline either, I just noticed red bars, when I came home to disarm the alarm.

However this is a great idea, especially if they can get the sensors to correctly report battery status. As they did in V1.

So far from what I've found it does not correctly report battery status anyways. Devices just drop off when the batteries die without warning. I had to replace batteries in three devices last week with zero warning. They just went offline. (One motion sensor, two door/window sensors, so all important devices) Also since it's V2, it never let me know these devices were offline either, I just noticed red bars, when I came home to disarm the alarm.

However this is a great idea, especially if they can get the sensors to correctly report battery status. As they did in V1.

Yes there is definitely work to be done where battery status is concerned.  What we have now just does not work. 

Yeah and I had a v1 contact sensor that was low-ish on battery and I knew it when I unpaired with v1 and paired with v2, but while v1 was reporting the battery was starting to get low, v2 just says "OK".  I was just coming to see who had said anything about it and bump up the thread.  We need to know when our device batteries start to get low so we can replace them before they cause a big fat security hole.

Came home today to three more offline devices with dead batteries.  All my devices are roughly the same age, so it's to be expected I guess. Again zero warning though, they just went offline. Today it was my back door, the garage door, and my one of the back windows. At least I ordered a bunch of the batteries online, so I have a stock of them now.

Came home today to three more offline devices with dead batteries.  All my devices are roughly the same age, so it's to be expected I guess. Again zero warning though, they just went offline. Today it was my back door, the garage door, and my one of the back windows. At least I ordered a bunch of the batteries online, so I have a stock of them now.

I don't know. I think this is something to keep an eye one. I moved a contact sensor over 1 week ago. Turns out my battery was dead. For now, I will classify this as a coincidence.

Just curious, how long are your sensor batteries typically lasting?  3 months?  6 months?  I have several door sensors that seem to be reporting low in 2-3 weeks.  For my thermostat and keypad, i change batteries once a year.

Based upon my history of the sensors on V1 hub, the battery life depends upon how much activity (door opens and closes), that a particular sensor has.  I have replaced the battery in my back door sensor (high use) about twice in three years.  I have had to replace a front door and window sensor (low use) once in three years.  Do not know what to expect from the V2 hub yet.