New Device Firmware Downloading (Keypads)

22 posts in this topic

My keypad also updated today.  Anyone notice it being any louder?

I can't tell if it is louder but If you hold down the 2 key you can turn it up to the highest level.  Holding down the 5 key will lower it.

I can't tell if it is louder but If you hold down the 2 key you can turn it up to the highest level.  Holding down the 5 key will lower it.

Yeah, but in my experience, even the highest setting was quite low (compared to the V1 keypad).  You have to be within 10-15 feet to hear the V2 keypad.  

I have to wait until I get home to try it myself...

This firmware fixed my single biggest Iris issue, no warning when you triggered the alarm.  So my family and I would constantly set off the alarm.  There is still the issue that about 10% of the time the IRIS LED will stay red when arming the system, in other words the keypad won't sleep.  This is an issue since it will drain your battery.  The workaround in simple, wait and see if it does it, then wave your hand to activate the keypad and it then goes to full standby.  Now if only I could get my wife to wait rather than bolt out the door.  :)

I still have not noticed a firmware update for my keypads, but I have noticed that the one by my backdoor does not make any noise now... I haven't had time to do anything with it, but will see what I can do later.

YES.  I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this (except I'd say it's happening more like 50% of the time for me).  Can anyone confirm that this has been fixed with the firmware update?  I'm waiting for our new batteries to arrive from Amazon--I refused to buy them for $6 each at Ace again.

There is still the issue that about 10% of the time the IRIS LED will stay red when arming the system, in other words the keypad won't sleep.  This is an issue since it will drain your battery.  The workaround in simple, wait and see if it does it, then wave your hand to activate the keypad and it then goes to full standby.  Now if only I could get my wife to wait rather than bolt out the door.  :)

I could of swore I posted this after I fixed it, guess not.  Removed the keypad via iris then did a factory reset on the keypad. Re-paired and mine started chiming again.  Tried the 2 button volume thing the day before and it didn't help.