Water Softener on V2
2 2

29 posts in this topic

The softener only paired 1 time with iris and then iris said it was unsupported.  Unsuprising since IRIS says only pair when green light is solid.  It never does..blinks forever. Deleted device from app.  Reset at softener.  It never gets to the non blinking point.  It just connects, performs dhcp negotiation for ip address, gets ip address, and then says it's stuck. 

Good news, finally received  a replacement control board from whirlpool for the water softener -- and, surprisingly, the new board fixed all the connection issues w/ the hub.  Only thing I'm unsure of is what the timeframe of the gpm readout for the softener in the iris app..... it isn't realtime....15 minutes of flowing water didn't push it past zero.  I'm guessing it's a daily average.

5 minutes ago, MattM said:

Good news, finally received  a replacement control board from whirlpool for the water softener -- and, surprisingly, the new board fixed all the connection issues w/ the hub.  Only thing I'm unsure of is what the timeframe of the gpm readout for the softener in the iris app..... it isn't realtime....15 minutes of flowing water didn't push it past zero.  I'm guessing it's a daily average.

That readout is only real time, not cumulative which is a badly needed parity item.