New magic Rule--Blink Lights/Controls
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

Another thing I think would be cool would be a Magic Rule to blink lights on and off, such as when an alarm is triggered.

I like that I can turn on a light if it's triggered at present, but think that perhaps that would be too convenient for any would be burglars who know the limitations of the Iris system (that is, it only contacts owners, which I like, but if the crooks are quick enough,they know they have some time).

Blinking lights would make it harder to continue their ill deeds.

J.

That is why I don't advertise IRIS around my house. Never tell them what you REALLY have. Let them think what you might or might not have. But, I do agree with the blinking lights. X10 used to do that with their alarm system. Good suggestion.

I still have an ADT sign outside my house (it was here when I bought it). I've also left some of the ADT sensors up, lol.

Perhaps a new suggestion: when the Iris Hub announces "Intruder Alert" it says contacts will be, well, contacted. I wish they'd change that or make it an option at least.

J.

Just plug one of these in to a smart plug; one on each floor will light up the place.

http://www.amazon.com/Chauvet-Lighting-MINISTROBELED-Strobe-Light/dp/B004A8ZNC8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403647882&sr=8-1&keywords=strobe+light

Good idea. That should definitely cause some disorientation. Have you tried that yourself?

J.