Iris Survey

14 posts in this topic

Very odd. It was a survey asking a lot of questions about what functions I wanted in a web interface vs. an app. They were clearly trying to determine what to prioritize in the web interface build. I filled it out, but it really should have happened last fall in my opinion.

Just filled it out. I'm glad they are asking for feedback on a website portal. I'm really hoping this is something that they are seriously considering. I'd love it for setting up my system, I can operate it from my phone, I just hate creating rules and scenes from it. Navigating a website would be so much quicker and easier.

Also just received it this am and filled it out.  Appreciate Lowes doing this but I sometimes find "canned" forms have a tendency to lead folks down a particular path.

I DEFINITELY THINK THAT A WEB BASED APPLICATION IS NEEDED IN ADDITION TO MY IOS BECAUSE:

1. Would provide a flatter and therefore less confusing interface for programming rules and scenes.
  2. Would allow easier viewing of camera clips and easier editing of clips to trash and clips to retain.  Also, could use to download and locally store specific clips.
  3. Hopefully, would be able to provide new/additional information on device firmware versions, installed versions, and other aspects of device control.  For example, the indoor camera has much more native functionality than is currently allowed.

Honestly this should have been sent out a year ago... 

Dear God, they aren't planning to rush this out now are they? 

If the website is done 'right' this is a very early step in development - actually more like "pre-development

If the website is done 'right' this is a very early step in development - actually more like "pre-development"

I'm not a developer, but I was kinda thinking the same thing. This makes me think the website is still at least a few months out at best...

Haven't received the survey yet, but I'm still holding on to V1 for a few more days... so I wonder if it just went out to people on V2. 

Was anything other than the web interface covered in the survey?

Received mine. Honestly the web portal was one of the biggest reasons I chose Iris. 

It is a differentiator for many of us due to it's utility. The small screen isn't good for everything.

As mentioned above it appears to prioritize items and hopefully means a a portal is forthcoming. 

I have posted several requests for a clarification as to the ultimate availability of a web-based interface to control IRIS ...

1.  Whether a web-based management system will be available for IRIS.

2.  When such a feature might be available

--  No clarification or committed response has been received

--  I have not received any request to participate in the survey that is being referenced

I am retired with over 35 years of experience at designing, developing, testing, marketing, and implementing computer software.

I am VERY puzzled and distressed by the way that the IRIS "product improvement and migration project" has been handled.

I feel that the V1 Product was well designed and an effective solution with the web-based support for configuration and operation. 

My conversion to the V2 product has been quite disappointing ... thus far.

When can we expect V2 to provide a similar type of capability and support ...?  

I was on the phone with Tier 2 support yesterday, and was asked if I had gotten the survey. This was not because they have been given instructions about it, but because that particular CSR is an IRIS user and had received one personally. We aren't the only ones kept in the dark about roll-outs and updates.

Took it.  I design surveys (among other things) for a living and found this one to be frustratingly designed in some aspects, but I'm very glad to be asked about this.  I was asked to prioritize what I'd want to be able to do through the web portal.  The simple answer is:  Everything.  (Why not?)  I was also asked something about what I like and dislike about the app--perhaps this is less to improve the app than to inform the web portal design.

I got the survey but didn't have time to fill it out right away. When I did go to fill it out they said I was to late. Seemed like only a few days had passed. For me one thing I would have told them was to make everything about a particular device and it's settings available from everywhere you can access the device. I can remember during the initial setup I was able to setup various functions of a device. Later I would want to change something and would bring up the list of devices and not be able to get to the settings page. I had to hunt for it a finally found it. How hard is it to put a link to all the settings of a device from every page where you can see that device?