Has anyone had good luck with the V2 fob?

12 posts in this topic

It looks like I need to replace my V1 fob, and of course they are no longer available.
It seems that I have heard all sorts of reports here that the V2 fobs are complete junk... some saying they have had multiple units break while simply trying to install the battery.
Can anyone elaborate on whether they seem to have fixed these issues?

It looks like I need to replace my V1 fob, and of course they are no longer available.

It seems that I have heard all sorts of reports here that the V2 fobs are complete junk... some saying they have had multiple units break while simply trying to install the battery.

Can anyone elaborate on whether they seem to have fixed these issues?

The v1 fobs are still available on ebay and priced right.  I am not a fan of the v2 fob.  I just don't like the build quality and the buttons are prone to being accidentally pushed.  You might also consider the smart things presence sensor.  I think there were some folks having trouble getting them to pair but I haven't heard any complaining lately.  I am not sure if that is fixed but I know that it is supposed to work.

Edit:  I am glad you posted this.  I had been meaning to get a spare v1 fob while I could and just scored one on ebay for $12.44 delivered.

You might also consider the smart things presence sensor.  I think there were some folks having trouble getting them to pair but I haven't heard any complaining lately.  I am not sure if that is fixed but I know that it is supposed to work.

...still no luck on the 2 smartthings arrival sensors for me. Just tired of complaining lol after 3 weeks, 6 techs and a closed case with no fix. Problem is still not fixed to my knowledge, says "new device" not yet supported..I asked to be emailed when its fixed.

V2 fob is garbage, if the tang for the battery Doesn't break it will eat through battery or have disconnect issues, tried 3 smart things arrivals no joy on all 3, the emergency pendants seem to work very well, I have 2 in the cars and they are great

I've had two V2 key fobs for about two weeks. Once you get the battery in,they work quite well. I switched from V1 fobs because they were coming and going in the middle of the night

we have 2 of the v2 fobs, they are working fine so far. If both fobs leave it auto sets the alarm and if either one returns it disarms  Sometimes its slow to disarm though. 

If you press one of the buttons, even if that button is not assigned I believe it will connect to the hub on press, at least that was my experience while I had a v2 fob.  I ended up returning the fob because of the lack of options for what I could do with the buttons (like being able to run a scene with the buttons rather than just on disconnect or connect)