3rd party cam viewer ?
6 6

56 posts in this topic

On 8/29/2017 at 3:26 PM, Terminal said:

Have you read through this thread?

Thank you for the replies. I have read through and found very quickly that, these instructions state from the beginning that you can not pair with the HUB and therefore unless I missed something, it will not work. As I mentioned in the first post,  the client wants to continue to use the Iris features in the app on the phone. Such a bummer that Lowes has taken this approach., I wonder sometimes who makes these decisions. In a world where our device's and systems are supposed to be getting better at connecting and integrating those who take a proprietary approach I think will phase out.  Just my opinion.

If someone has any further info it would be greatly appreciated otherwise I am going to let the client know it wont work.  

Thanks,

CW

This thread was started prior to Lowe's enabling local viewing. Things have changed and you can use third party apps while the camera is still paired to the hub. The local streaming specifics can be found in the camera settings within the Iris app.

I was using my cameras with Iris, TinyIP and IP Cam Viewer lite, you can get live video with it connected to the Iris system you just cannot use the Mic or Speaker for two way audio and there are other settings that are restricted.

I have read through and this post on October 4,  caught my attention,

from VeIt "looks like you have a newer version of Blue Iris than I'm using.  In the upper left hand corner under address does it give you the option of changing http:// to rtsp:// ?" 

If I can change from rtsp to http in Iris App, then perhaps it will give me a mjpeg query string?

I also noticed several rstp query strings listed, but I did not see one that was an apparent mjpeg stream, as the ports were all rtsp I saw what seem to be the port for mjpeg or mjpeg4 at 1280. Is this below what I should try?

For example: httpp://username:password@yourcameraip:1280/img/video.sav

I am sorry if I am missing it, this is an area of ip cam technology that I am still learning. 

Thanks again,

CW

On 9/6/2017 at 0:56 PM, CW Foster said:

Thank you for the replies. I have read through and found very quickly that, these instructions state from the beginning that you can not pair with the HUB and therefore unless I missed something, it will not work. As I mentioned in the first post,  the client wants to continue to use the Iris features in the app on the phone. Such a bummer that Lowes has taken this approach., I wonder sometimes who makes these decisions. In a world where our device's and systems are supposed to be getting better at connecting and integrating those who take a proprietary approach I think will phase out.  Just my opinion.

If someone has any further info it would be greatly appreciated otherwise I am going to let the client know it wont work.  

Thanks,

CW

14 hours ago, CW Foster said:

If I can change from rtsp to http in Iris App, then perhaps it will give me a mjpeg query string?

I believe you are reading this wrong, you cannot change from rstp to http within the Iris App.  This reference was for the Blue Iris application not Iris.  I'm not familar with Leviton's Snaplink app, but I don't think you're going to be able to pull a video stream from an Iris camera to Snaplink using a string.  If there is a UI for setting up a camera you could try using this url rtsp://ipaddress:554/img.video.sav.  

On 9/6/2017 at 0:56 PM, CW Foster said:

Thanks,

CW

Thanks for that. I suppose I am a little spoiled because all the IP cameras I work with have a UI and most have the substream, the ability to set port and video compression format. This camera does not seem to have the ability to output a substream in mjpeg. I am going to tell my client that this camera, RC8221 will not work.

Thanks for your input,

CW