RGB Bulbs
2 2

25 posts in this topic

I don't own an RGB bulb yet, but I'm already thinking ahead to the holidays.

Can you rotate through a series of colors with Iris, or does each rule/scene need to specify a particular color? Otherwise that would be a good one to have by Halloween. I could see some fun stuff with the outside lamps :)

I've installed one Osram Lightify BR30 RGBW and it works fine.  I actually purchased it a few days before the update and was quite pleased to learn that - after the update - I could natively control colors.  Seems to work fine so far.  It would be nice to be able to attach color changes to specific rules but, so far, it performs well.

How do you turn it off without going to 0 on the slider?

I have the two of the A19's, Garden light and indoor light strip and all of them have to be set to 0 to turn them "off".  There is no UI switch for "on/"off" with these bulbs.

That's my point. If you have a rule to turn them on and you want them at say 50% that's a problem because they will turn on at 100. A work around is to set them at the level you want and turn them off with a scene.

True, you can go into the sub system and turn the bulbs on and off, but it would have been nice to have the same option on the device details screen as well.

Yeah I did notice that was missing myself. Guess it got in the way of the color changer icon.

Just got 4 Osram Lightify BR30 RGBW. Work very nice! Still figuring them out but they are pretty simple. I wish you were able to change multiple bulbs colors all at once instead of individually; very time consuming.

And hopefully they will have it setup to where the colors will change if a sensor is activated. Would be nice if you could set duration of time they stay on............

Just got 4 Osram Lightify BR30 RGBW. Work very nice! Still figuring them out but they are pretty simple. I wish you were able to change multiple bulbs colors all at once instead of individually; very time consuming.

And hopefully they will have it setup to where the colors will change if a sensor is activated. Would be nice if you could set duration of time they stay on............

You should be able to control duration under Lights & Switches, Motion Detected Activate Switch - Set a duration if turned on by motion or Turn Off A Device That's Been On Too Long - turn off a device after it's been on from 1 minute to 8 hours.

You should be able to control duration under Lights & Switches, Motion Detected Activate Switch - Set a duration if turned on by motion or Turn Off A Device That's Been On Too Long - turn off a device after it's been on from 1 minute to 8 hours.

Hey Scunny, I was meaning that if the lights are on and white, and a device is activated, say a motion sensor, it turns the lights red for a certain amount of time say 15 seconds, then turns back to white.

Right now I would like to just be able to turn a group of lights to any color I want instead of having to go to each one to change the color. Like how you can set a scene that puts the lights down to 10% for say a movie. I have a seen setup for that now called Movie Lights, it's in my favorites and can just click it and all four lights turn to 10%.

I'd like to be able to do that same thing accept turn all them red. Or even have it to where I can adjust all 4 lights at the same time on the fly to different colors.

Thanks!!!