Hub update 10-2-2014
6 6

70 posts in this topic

There's a notification today when logging in to the Iris web portal, but I haven't seen any hub update available for me yet.

If you can I hope everyone can provide their feedback once it's available. Thanks!

post-1-0-99336100-1412246815_thumb.jpg

I got the upgrade. All went well and there's also an upgrade for the irrigation controller. There's also some changes to the range extender. Apparently you can download the protocol for all devices. My thermostat is now showing low battery.

My range extender was searching this morning prior to the update.

I previously have never had an issue with it dropping out.. (surprisingly)

Even after the update,  it still hasn't come back.

Anyone else see this?

So, I have a few thoughts and questions here. The Smart-Water Shut Off Valve. Is this something that will need to be installed INLINE by a professional or is this a DIY type of device. I've not seen any pics or anything on it, so not sure how it'll install/function.

So, Lowe's is going to sell IVEE for $229 when Staples and elsewhere on the Internet you can get it for $199.....that doesn't make smart business sense to me.....=/ 

Oh, and I'm showing the same issue currently before the hub upgrade that my range extender is showing offline. Going to do the update and see if it comes back online. Hub Update completed and it's still showing as Offline. I'll keep checking it to see if it comes back Online at all. 

My hub updated without incident just now.  The irrigation controller is in the process of updating.  Does anyone know if the update for the irrigation controller is just bug fixes or any new functionality?

I noticed device health for those missing from the system were low signal for a while and are now searching.

My range extender was searching this morning prior to the update.

I previously have never had an issue with it dropping out.. (surprisingly)

Even after the update,  it still hasn't come back.

Anyone else see this?

Yep, exact same thing here.  Showed "searching" for the Range Extender before and after the update.

Yep, exact same thing here.  Showed "searching" for the Range Extender before and after the update.

Thanks.  Glad it's not my hardware.  They had to have done something that caused an issue.   I haven't been home to try a reset,  I'll have to do that tonight and see if it helps.

So far after 90 minutes, it's still showing as Searching. I'm not home, so I'll wait till I get home and remove the RE from the wall for 4-5 mins and plug it back in to see if that will help reconnect it. If anyone gets it working or contacts support and of course has a resolution, please let us all know. Thanks. 

So, I have a few thoughts and questions here. The Smart-Water Shut Off Valve. Is this something that will need to be installed INLINE by a professional or is this a DIY type of device. I've not seen any pics or anything on it, so not sure how it'll install/function.

So, Lowe's is going to sell IVEE for $229 when Staples and elsewhere on the Internet you can get it for $199.....that doesn't make smart business sense to me.....=/ 

Oh, and I'm showing the same issue currently before the hub upgrade that my range extender is showing offline. Going to do the update and see if it comes back online. Hub Update completed and it's still showing as Offline. I'll keep checking it to see if it comes back Online at all. 

Got info that $229 for IVEE is an error. They will be selling it for 199. 

My hub updated without incident just now.  The irrigation controller is in the process of updating.  Does anyone know if the update for the irrigation controller is just bug fixes or any new functionality?

I noticed device health for those missing from the system were low signal for a while and are now searching.

From what I understand the update for the irrigation controller is to resolve the issue where the 12-zone sprinkler schedule would disappear from the UI so I don't believe there's any new functionality. 

From what I understand the update for the irrigation controller is to resolve the issue where the 12-zone sprinkler schedule would disappear from the UI so I don't believe there's any new functionality. 

You're correct and so far it's working for me.

I also heard that the range extender will now report what protocol is reporting low signal.  Apparently I still have the older version 1 which only repeats zigbee so I'm probably not going to see this.  Anyone reporting any low signals on the extender that can talk about this enhancement?

I think this kind a explains: http://www.ascendsgoldenguide.com/senior-care-products-2/cool-new-products-leaksmart-smart-valve/

I would install one in 30 minutes if I have a basement, unfortunately I don't (like most of the houses in North Texas) :( And it does not look like I can install it in the pit in front of the house where I have my regular shut-off.

But I agree - I would like to have more details about it, like what kind of connections does it have? Look like 3/4" threaded pipe on the picture so if you have 3/4" pipe coming to your house (mine is 1") - all you need is to cut it, install couple of threaded pieces into the valve and then solder (copper) or glue (PVC) it back on the pipe.

I think this kind a explains: http://www.ascendsgoldenguide.com/senior-care-products-2/cool-new-products-leaksmart-smart-valve/

I would install one in 30 minutes if I have a basement, unfortunately I don't (like most of the houses in North Texas) :( And it does not look like I can install it in the pit in front of the house where I have my regular shut-off.

But I agree - I would like to have more details about it, like what kind of connections does it have? Look like 3/4" threaded pipe on the picture so if you have 3/4" pipe coming to your house (mine is 1") - all you need is to cut it, install couple of threaded pieces into the valve and then solder (copper) or glue (PVC) it back on the pipe.

Got it....yeah great....since I had already replaced my 1/4 turn valve outside just after I bought my house. Well, guess I'll be cutting it again and putting in a top the line shut off. I did notice what looks like an A/C adapter. I hope this isn't going to need to be supplied A/C from some place. 

I saw this out on the website but none in stock to order yet...

Utilitech 1-Sensor Indoor Door and Window Sensor (Works with Iris)

Item #: 567900 |  Model #: GB-00Z-1

Be the first to write a review!

$39.97
1-Sensor Indoor Door and Window Sensor (Works with Iris)
  • 12-ft 360° Detection Radius
  • 2 x CR123A Batteries and Mounting Hardware Included
  • Iris smart hub or compatible Z-Wave controller required
  • False alarm preventing 2-stage thump and crash detection

093863124044_03875409.jpg

http://pdf.lowes.com/installationguides/093863124044_install.pdf

Should just be able to cut your water supply line and use a push pipe adapter to connect it like this one in about 5 minutes.

683264531307lg.jpg

I personally don't like push-ins and they are not always possible to install - like you cut in the middle of a pipe and push one on - how do you push another one on? Pipe won't pull and most of the times won't flex enough for the secure joint. 

Can kind a play around with a union, but I just prefer a good old solder :)

I personally don't like push-ins and they are not always possible to install - like you cut in the middle of a pipe and push one on - how do you push another one on? Pipe won't pull and most of the times won't flex enough for the secure joint.

Can kind a play around with a union, but I just prefer a good old solder :)

Just trying to be helpful for the non - plumbers I have pex through the house and use crimp rings. A little hard to solder plastic.