Hub audio or voice announcements not in V2
3 3

15 posts in this topic

The V1 hub used to announce when arming or disarming the system.

This seems to have been removed from the V2 hubs since there is not even a speaker but only the sounder for door chimes and alarms.

Since the V2 hub supposedly has Bluetooth then it should be easy to add a BT speaker(s) to the system to handle door chimes, alarms, etc. It would also be great if a BT headset or earpiece could be connected too.

Yes, I know that there are plans to integrate with Echo but I and possibly others may not want to go that route. Echo is full step level change of intrusion into your home, not sure I am ready for that yet and I'll bet many others are not either.

I feel like the privacy issues people point to when talking about the echo are mostly unfounded, however that's a different discussion...
I do agree that voice should have been included in V2. We shouldn't have to buy a $189 device to get that functionality back.
The use of a cheap bluetooth speaker would be a less expensive way to address that problem, and would be a welcome addition.

I feel like the privacy issues people point to when talking about the echo are mostly unfounded, however that's a different discussion...

I do agree that voice should have been included in V2. We shouldn't have to buy a $189 device to get that functionality back.

The use of a cheap bluetooth speaker would be a less expensive way to address that problem, and would be a welcome addition.

I've always wondered what the 'bluetooth capability' in the V2 hub was for. This would be a truly awesome way to make use of it.

i still dont understand why they removed the voices. As for Echo what will it accomplish? I assume you can ask it to turn the alarm on/off? Couldnt someone that is robbing you do the same thing?

i still dont understand why they removed the voices. As for Echo what will it accomplish? I assume you can ask it to turn the alarm on/off? Couldnt someone that is robbing you do the same thing?

Our integration will not allow for disarming of the alarm through Alexa.

If they want to consider it a parity issue then add it to the app, since that was the only way to use it In V1.   How about lock scheduling, too many pin attempts notification, GDO parity,  temperature graphs,  filter reminder.  I would rank all of those issues well above Alexa voice control.  This is of coarse only my opinion but I haven't heard a big clamor for this.