RING.com formally DoorBot
3 3

30 posts in this topic

Yeah, if you got Gigibit backbone for your network and with speeds like that there shouldn't really be a problem. I have 18Mbps Down and about 1Mbps Up and I can view all my cameras in real time. But, yes I'm seriouslty thinking of going over to Comcast for my Internet as right now we have U-verse. I finally got rid of my Phone line with them, because those bastards sell your number. Phone was ringing off the hook since day one. Well, went over to NetTalk and not 1 solicitation call yet. And QoS is pretty darn good. 

Yeah, thinking about Directv for our viewing pleasure, Comcast for Internet, and then of course we have Nettalk for phone, since I work from home sometimes and hate using my cellphone. I'm sure with those speeds I won't need to worry about crudy audio/Video on the RING. It gets choppy once in awhile. Let us know what you think of your RING once you get it and all setup/working. 

Got mine and have it installed.  I love it.  It just works.  The night vision works great.  Every ring of the door bell is video recorded and available for review as of tonight.  More features coming this month. 

Love mine too, but still have to do some tweaking of my network. Because I have such a bandwidth hungry home.Way to many devices in my house connected to the Internet. Once I get over to Comcast on their 105Mbps I'm hoping to be an even happier camper. :)  Enjoy your RING...I know I love mine and the bad guys never know when your really home. 

I recently installed the Doorbell Pro and it works great.  I am, however,  a little disappointed in the video quality.  Maybe I expected too much from a 1080p camera.  I can see everything clearly but still not enough to make out the details of someones face.  If you zoom in on people's faces they all look like Odo from deep space nine.  Is that typical?

That has been my experience as well, I had the previous Ring video doorbell before the Pro and the Pro didn't really improve the quality of the image anywhere close to what I was expecting compared to my Arlo-Q 1080p camera where I can zoom in at 8x and still see things fairly clearly.  It is still the best option out there for a doorbell replacement so I kept it, I had to upgrade to the Pro because the previous model didn't like our cold winters even though I wasn't using the battery it would still fail once the battery got too cold.