Dimmers Turn On and Off at Random Percentages
2 2

37 posts in this topic

Yeah this one is getting annoying  :angry:

Yeah, it seems like all too often, I walk in my kitchen and the light doesn't come on... I look at the switch and find that the indicator light (don't get me started about the indicator light... lol) indicates that the light IS on... As it turns out, it is dimmed so low that it just appears to be off.

At the moment, its the only real bug I have... but It's driving me nuts.

Are you guys having the issue too where you'll turn the light on with the app, and the dimness will change several times on its own to different %?  I can turn a GE dimmer on with the app, it'll come on at 25%, then 30 seconds later it'll turn to 50%, back down to 5%, then 25%.   Or  you'll turn the light OFF on the app, and it turns itself back on a few seconds or minutes later?   It's really frustrating and embarrassing when you have the dimmer switch in your home theater and it goes wonky like that and you can't get the lights to STAY off.... very embarrassing.  My family now just shake their heads and say "Iris."  Instead of being impressed with what the system can do, they laugh about it because it does whatever the hell it feels like.   

Mine doesn't change brightness after its turned on, but I've had a situation with a hall light (again, on a motion detector) where it would come on after I turn it off.
I walk through the hallway at night on my way to the bedroom to go to sleep, which activates the motion detector and turns on the hall light. There is a rule that 30 seconds later, it is supposed to turn back off, but when I get in bed I run the away scene.. which turns all the lights off, locks my doors, sets the alarm, etc... Then, a few seconds later, the hall light will come back on.
I can go into the app and turn it back off, and sometimes it comes back on again on its own. After turning it off the next time, it stays off.
Yes, the lights have a mind of their own sometimes... but for me, every light which is impacted is on a motion detector. I have 2 kitchen lights on motion, one hallway light, and one bathroom light.
I'm not sure about the bathroom light...because I can't see it from the bedroom or normal living areas... but the others definitely seem to have a mind of their own.

Are you guys having the issue too where you'll turn the light on with the app, and the dimness will change several times on its own to different %? I can turn a GE dimmer on with the app, it'll come on at 25%, then 30 seconds later it'll turn to 50%, back down to 5%, then 25%. Or you'll turn the light OFF on the app, and it turns itself back on a few seconds or minutes later? It's really frustrating and embarrassing when you have the dimmer switch in your home theater and it goes wonky like that and you can't get the lights to STAY off.... very embarrassing. My family now just shake their heads and say "Iris." Instead of being impressed with what the system can do, they laugh about it because it does whatever the hell it feels like.

Yep hope they fix it in this next release.

I am afraid they will break something else......!!!!!   Having the same issues as everyone else here, started happening  after the last update including frequent disconnects.  Tech support just scratches their head and has me un-pair and re-pair the switch when the issue is what they screwed up with my hub.  Tired of this....

Hope I don't Jinx myself here, but I haven't noticed the random bright/dim going on with my GE Dimmer switch the last several days.  Hopefully it stays that way. :)