For those wanting to try Echo
1 1

84 posts in this topic

I'm getting "Sorry. The device or group is not responding. Before leaving yesterday, I muted all of my Echo units - but I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I've never received that response from Echo. The only negative responses I've heard are: "There is no such device or group" or "There are several devices with that name. Which one did you want?" It sounds like Echo has lost connection with your hub.

You might have to go into the Alexa web page and import the list of Iris devices again. I had to do that when I relocated a smart plug and renamed it to reflect its new location. Until I updated Alexa it could not control or find the device.

So it appears that the list of devices 'seen' by Alexa is static and does not update automatically, and I am OK with that.

Go to Smart Home -->> Your Devices -->> Discover Devices

You may also want to try disabling the Iris skill inside Alexa and re-enabling it if the other suggestions don't work, this will likely cause you to have to reauthenticate with you Iris credentials as well. If you do this you would need to Forget any Smart Home devices from your Iris system that don't disappear on their own and any groups you have created inside Alexa would need to have thier member devices added back after it's working again. So this would probably be the last thing to try.

You may also want to try disabling the Iris skill inside Alexa and re-enabling it if the other suggestions don't work, this will likely cause you to have to reauthenticate with you Iris credentials as well. If you do this you would need to Forget any Smart Home devices from your Iris system that don't disappear on their own and any groups you have created inside Alexa would need to have thier member devices added back after it's working again. So this would probably be the last thing to try.

Disabling/re-enabling the Iris skill within Alexa brought everything back. This actually happened a few months ago, but I forgot what I did to resolve the issue. Everything is as it was.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Interesting that it has worked that way for you. Were all your devices Echo's? My new Dots are not playing with my original Echo so nicely. If I stand where the Echo and a Dot can hear me, they both respond. I even had both of them playing the same Pandora channel, but with different songs!

This continues to be a problem for me. I changed the nearby Dot's name to Amazon, but that just gets confusing with 4 Dots and an Echo in the house, so I changed it back. It's no better. The Dot is connected to my sound system, and I interact with it often regarding music, but the Echo usually hears the commands as well, and they both respond.

It is probable that the Echo is accessing my home wireless through an access point while the Dot is accessing my main modem/router, but they have the same SSID and password.

Do you use this?  I was just looking on the IOS store and it only has a few reviews but all say the last update broke integration with Alexa.

I hadn't used it in a few weeks due to the proliferation of Dots around the house. I just now tried it multiple times and got no response. The reviews appear to be correct - lastest update was Nov. 17. Roger is convenient when it works, but even before the update I had occasional connection problems. I'll post again if I find that they have fixed the problem.