V2 motion detector battery life

12 posts in this topic

I have had problems with battery life with the v2 motion detector. I gave it another go and put a fresh battery in. It lasted 2 days before the battery went dead. I just replaced a battery in a v1 motion detector that lasted 2 years. What the heck is going on with my v2 motion detector?

I've had several V2 motion detectors running on the same batteries for the last 4 to 5 months at least

Did you try accessing the device via the mobile app after putting in the new battery? I'm just wondering if it did a firmware upgrade or something, although honestly, even if it did that it should not drain the battery after only a couple of days. 

Where did the batteries come from? The counterfeit batteries that are sold online (ebay / Amazon / etc)  don't always last that long, and look pretty convincing, other than be considerably cheaper.... Don't get be wrong, I buy my batteries online too, you just have to be careful where you buy from.  (Other than that I don't have any helpful suggestion, I have all V1 sensors. )

I have had problems with battery life with the v2 motion detector. I gave it another go and put a fresh battery in. It lasted 2 days before the battery went dead. I just replaced a battery in a v1 motion detector that lasted 2 years. What the heck is going on with my v2 motion detector?

I have the same problem with one of mine in the garage where the other three that I have work fine.  After three batteries in a week, I left it dead and I am taking it back to swap for a new one.  The motion detector is only a week or two old.  I would take yours back also.

Where did the batteries come from? The counterfeit batteries that are sold online (ebay / Amazon / etc) don't always last that long, and look pretty convincing, other than be considerably cheaper.... Don't get be wrong, I buy my batteries online too, you just have to be careful where you buy from. (Other than that I don't have any helpful suggestion, I have all V1 sensors. )

Ive tried tried various batteries so I don't think it's the batteries. I removed it from the system and repaired with a fresh battery and it lasted 2 days again. I wish I knew if my device has the latest firmware?

Ive tried tried various batteries so I don't think it's the batteries. I removed it from the system and repaired with a fresh battery and it lasted 2 days again. I wish I knew if my device has the latest firmware?

Exchange your V2 motion for a new one.  Even with crappy batteries, the motions shouldn't drain it all in 2 days...sounds like something is consuming all the power.

I took my motion sensor back and decided to try a SmartThings motion sensor instead since it is supported also, however it is sensing motion constantly so I think I'll have to return that and try a new v2 and hope for better battery life since I can't use this SmartThings sensor for anything when it is constantly sensing movement.

I am on my third one now, I tried two from one store with the same battery chewing issue so I took it back to a different store and exchanged it again.  This time it seems like it might be working correctly as it has been 3-4 days and it is still working without a dead battery.  Guessing they had a bad batch of them or something.