Iris web portal V1.2.6
13 13

664 posts in this topic

For every device (29 of them) that displays a signal, 28 devices show a signal report of 100 plus one which reads 85.

Battery levels show some variance. However a door switch that

I replaced the battery in just two days ago shows its at 90% already.

It's not a high traffic door. Maybe the battery was not a full strength

when I installed it, it was a spare I had in the drawer which I bought

a few months ago.

This is what Iris is reporting from their servers. I will do some testing with the signal tomorrow.

What determines the order the devices are listed in,

is it the order in which they were paired with the hub?

When a device is being repeated thru a smart plug or other

device, the signal level is for the end device to the repeater,

or the repeater to the hub (assuming a single hop in this

example).

Device<--85-->Smart Plug<--100-->Hub

or

Device<--100-->Smart Plug<--85-->Hub

or

Device<--75-->Hub

What determines the order the devices are listed in,

is it the order in which they were paired with the hub?

When a device is being repeated thru a smart plug or other

device, the signal level is for the end device to the repeater,

or the repeater to the hub (assuming a single hop in this

example).

Device<--85-->Smart Plug<--100-->Hub

or

Device<--100-->Smart Plug<--85-->Hub

or

Device<--75-->Hub

I do not know why the list is reported this why. I do plan on making a change to this.

It looks like the signal level is only being reported on zigbee devices.  Any chance of including Z-Wave devices?

I have added protocols to the list to test this.

Will you be adding current device status?

Unless I missed it there is no indication of the

current state of a smart plug, contact sensor, etc.

I have added this. It only shows the state of the device when the report posted. I am working on making this live.

Can you display the routing table from the hub?

This would be very useful.

This is great work you have done to get this far so fast. Thanks.

I can not show that as I have not got into the hub settings but it is on my to do list.

Some more feedback on what I am seeing here as you develop this further.

I have four smoke detectors, all are made by First Alert.

One is a Smoke/CO detector and the other three are smoke

only. One of the FA Smoke detectors reports a different

protocol than the other three.

0026 in Smoke 4s' description is the Unicode for the

ampersand character IIRC.

:"Smoke 4 Hall Smoke \u0026 CO"

:"First Alert"

battery:91

Protocol"ZIGB"

:"Smoke 1 Garage"

battery:92

Protocol"SCOM"

:"Smoke 3 Basement"

battery:96

Protocol"ZIGB"

"Smoke 2 Kitchen"

battery:96

Protocol"ZIGB"

Both of my cameras only show the same two lines below,

no label or any other information. Currently one camera

is powered and operational, the second camera has been

off line (powered down, my choice) for a week. But they

both display the same information.

:"Sercomm"

Protocol"ZIGB"

The Aeon Labs doorbell that I paired up the other day

shows in the list, but in the app it says 'unsupported

device' and of course there is nothing you can do with

it. It is a plug-in device, AC powered, and according

to what I have read about it can act as a repeater for

other Z-wave devices. Not sure if mine is acting in that

capacity yet since its not fully integrated into my system.

Would be fun to try and poke it with some simple commands

and see if I could get it to sound off using various sound

files stored on the device.

:"Aeon Labs Doorbell Gen5"

:"Unknown"

Protocol"ZWAV"

I have my rental house setup on my account as a second account.  I use the login for my main system at my house and it keeps showing the other house that I have an invite for.  Is there anyway to tell it I want to use my main account and not my rental house that is setup with another account just invited to?

I haven't used this yet because I'm not sure what the security implications are... but kudos. This sounds like a great proof of concept.
Just imagine what the actual developers could do in a short time... They have much more resources and have access to any info they would need to make things work.
I can't believe, with this being such a requested feature, they haven't had a couple of their people go ahead and bang it out.
You would think, if it was this easy for someone to "hack into" their own system, it wouldn't be that difficult for Lowe's to develop a web interface which is much more polished.
Granted, they would need something that would scale to a A LOT MORE USERS than this, but I would imagine there would be much less load on this than the V1 website as everyone is now used to using the app and you can do everything from it... I mainly would want to use the web interface when I am at work sitting behind a computer all day, and when I'm setting up more than one or two rules at a time.

EDIT:
I just logged in. Looks pretty cool... I like the battery and signal percentages... but I wonder how accurate some of the info is.
For instance, I am showing a battery and signal level on 2 fobs which are away.
I am also showing some zigbee devices which show up as z-wave (A few of my V1 contact sensors and one of our fobs).
I wonder if this is info which is incorrect on the back end, or just a coding problem with the portal.

Kudos. This is pretty neat.

I'm surprised to see one of my V1 smart buttons, one of my V1 contact sensors, and one of my V2 smart plugs reporting as Z-Wave. I was under the impression that they were all ZigBee devices.

I haven't used this yet because I'm not sure what the security implications are... but kudos. This sounds like a great proof of concept.

Just imagine what the actual developers could do in a short time... They have much more resources and have access to any info they would need to make things work.

I can't believe, with this being such a requested feature, they haven't had a couple of their people go ahead and bang it out.

You would think, if it was this easy for someone to "hack into" their own system, it wouldn't be that difficult for Lowe's to develop a web interface which is much more polished.

Granted, they would need something that would scale to a A LOT MORE USERS than this, but I would imagine there would be much less load on this than the V1 website as everyone is now used to using the app and you can do everything from it... I mainly would want to use the web interface when I am at work sitting behind a computer all day, and when I'm setting up more than one or two rules at a time.

EDIT:

I just logged in. Looks pretty cool... I like the battery and signal percentages... but I wonder how accurate some of the info is.

For instance, I am showing a battery and signal level on 2 fobs which are away.

I am also showing some zigbee devices which show up as z-wave (A few of my V1 contact sensors and one of our fobs).

I wonder if this is info which is incorrect on the back end, or just a coding problem with the portal.

For the protocol, I am just reading what the Iris servers are sending me, so if this info is wrong it is also wrong on their end.

The keyfobs have a presence state in the API that show home or away.

How much time do you have in this project?  This is really cool.

About 6 hours to date. Most of that was ripping apart the API.

I wonder if or when Lowes sees this will they shut down the access.

They haven't shut down access to the status site so I don't think they will this.

I have my rental house setup on my account as a second account.  I use the login for my main system at my house and it keeps showing the other house that I have an invite for.  Is there anyway to tell it I want to use my main account and not my rental house that is setup with another account just invited to?

I am working on this. I have added my parents house to my Iris account so I can work on this.

I just wanted to say Kudos to doing this proof of concept. You accomplished by yourself in 6 hours, what 100 trained monkeys at Lowes haven't done in 13 months.

Thanks, I am sure something is getting worked on but if they would just show use to put our minds at ease. 

Also, I have cleaned up the page. If you want like a column added let me know.

When you login here https://bc.irisbylowes.com/loginDo you get this {"status":"success"}  ?

Yes I get the status success. But when I go to that next page you have listed it just says error and not connected. I assume I just then enter the url for the next page??? Which is what I am doing and it just shows error and disconnected.

I never see a place id is that something that must be entered? If so, I'm not seeing where to get it.