Iris web portal V1.2.6
13 13

664 posts in this topic

On the Add Device page, it says;

"Once you start pairing    device found by your hub will be added to the table below."

It seems like there is a word missing here between pairing and device.
I need something more to have a complete thought.

Are you saying

Once you start pairing ANY device found by your hub will be added to the table below.
(which to me implies that more than one new device can be discovered and listed
during one pairing session)

or are you saying

Once you start pairing the device found by your hub will be added to the table below.
(to me this means only one new device at a time will be listed and you need to back
out of discovery mode to complete synchronization/connection of the new device, and
then go back and start the pairing routine all over again to add the next device).

Also, when you start pairing from the web portal, there is no feedback or indication that
you are in pairing mode. Nothing changes on the screen to indication pairing is enabled.

pairing.png

Iris update 2.4 brings some water flow notifications if you have a softener, one of which is excessive day of week "DOW" usage.  It's tracking your water usage each DOW and will notify you if you used more than normal for a DOW.

Is it possible to retrieve that DOW data and assemble a projected usage for the month?

Update 1.2.6

• Fixed wording and added pairing icon to pairing page. Thanks @sparc
  • Added patch for temperature graph
  • Updated Supporters page
  • Live updates for switches and fan controls.
  • Beta release for Advanced Camera Settings.

On 8/15/2017 at 9:33 AM, thegillion said:

20170815_123054.thumb.jpg.58e1733c531f64846c29f1c148103d78.jpg

Coming soon.

I gave up on mine.  I took it off IRIS and just run it like any other controller.  If you get this thing to program reliably that would be awesome.  

On 9/2/2017 at 6:33 AM, c379776 said:

I gave up on mine.  I took it off IRIS and just run it like any other controller.  If you get this thing to program reliably that would be awesome.  

I've been using one of these for over 3 years now and overall it has worked well.  However, I have found that when the controller loses power for a period of time, the programming becomes unstable and doesn't work reliably.  If this occurs, I simply remove the device from Iris, complete a factory reset and re-pair it to my hub.  I have also found that distance between the controller and the hub during the pairing process makes a significant difference in reliability.  Whenever I have had to re-paired the device, I have made sure the controller is in close proximity to my hub.  I think I have had to do this twice in three years.

On 9/2/2017 at 8:33 AM, c379776 said:

I ordered one of these a couple of years ago,they did not have the controllers in stock locally so I ordered one on line. Lowes sent me a 2 gang rocker switch face plate instead.  Then the manger at the local Lowes gave me a hard time about returning it.  I had been back and forth on the Iris controller or Skydrop.  So after the screw up and the local manager's attitude I decided to go with Skydrop, and I am now glad Lowes screwed up the order.  I have been really happy with the Skydrop controller.  It's another app to use but I have to use so many now what's one more. 

2 hours ago, Vettester said:

I've been using one of these for over 3 years now and overall it has worked well.  However, I have found that when the controller loses power for a period of time, the programming becomes unstable and doesn't work reliably.  If this occurs, I simply remove the device from Iris, complete a factory reset and re-pair it to my hub.  I have also found that distance between the controller and the hub during the pairing process makes a significant difference in reliability.  Whenever I have had to re-paired the device, I have made sure the controller is in close proximity to my hub.  I think I have had to do this twice in three years.

Mine has been working as expected for a while now.  My problems occurred when scheduling odd intervals, like "water every 3 days" on V2.

May not be a one-size-fits-all solution but sometimes when schedules on this timer gets screwed up, I've found it effective to force the hub to push a new watering schedule to the timer.  I usually water using the "Weekly" mode.  I switch it to interval mode, wait for the push to occur in the "History", then switch it back to "Weekly", and then see that represented in the History.  I didn't have to unpair the device in this case.

4 hours ago, G35Rider said:

I've found it effective to force the hub to push a new watering schedule to the timer.  I usually water using the "Weekly" mode.  I switch it to interval mode, wait for the push to occur in the "History", then switch it back to "Weekly", and then see that represented in the History.  I didn't have to unpair the device in this case.

Hmmm.... I have always used the weekly schedule so changing scheduling modes never even crossed my mind.  I'll give this a shot if my scheduling ever gets jacked up again.

Thanks for sharing!