Iris web portal V1.3.1
14 14

692 posts in this topic

I have done a lot to the portal so I think it is time for a full update.

Update v1.0.18

-Added Devbox page

-- Hard and soft reboot hub

-- Download hub backup

-- Restore hub backup

-- Hub sound check

-- Zwave network map

-Homepage

--Removed history from homepage 

--Added system status to homepage (Low battery devices (Below 40%), Low signal devices, Offline device, Air filter reset)

-All Devices Page

-- Add remove device

-- Add Identify/Find device (make it light up or beep)

-Added Donate button

The Status list for problem devices on the Home Page provides information in one place that we could get summarized nowhere else. What a great idea! For some reason, it is reporting all 13 of my Sylvania UltraIQ BR30's as: " Low Signal current level: 0%" regardless of their On/Off status. All 13 are online. If it isn't possible to report their signal level, is it possible to get them removed from the Status list categorically?

I tried using the Find Device button on the All Devices page.

It worked in that it flashes the LED on the Smart Plug but it won't stop.

I let it go for 5 minutes then tried turning the plug ON and OFF but it
kept flashing and never went solid.

So I unplugged it, waited about 10 seconds, and plugged it back in and
it was back to normal.

The Donate button is working but doesn't return you to the web portal
when the transaction is finished.

Great work on everything. Your work on this is much appreciated.

7 hours ago, pavalov said:

The Status list for problem devices on the Home Page provides information in one place that we could get summarized nowhere else. What a great idea! For some reason, it is reporting all 13 of my Sylvania UltraIQ BR30's as: " Low Signal current level: 0%" regardless of their On/Off status. All 13 are online. If it isn't possible to report their signal level, is it possible to get them removed from the Status list categorically?

Can you message me the device info page so I can make the edits for that device.

Just a break down of what the system status is looking for 

Devices that are offline

If an AC filter(s) are older than 1008 run hours

If a device's battery is less than 40%

If a device has less than 30% signal

If a smoke/CO detector has not been tested in 90 days 

1 hour ago, thegillion said:

How do you reset this?  I have never reset any filter manager on my Go control thermostat so I would imagine it would show quite a few hours.  Not even sure that's a possibility on those.  So maybe this is only for certain thermostats.

17 minutes ago, Terminal said:

How do you reset this?  I have never reset any filter manager on my Go control thermostat so I would imagine it would show quite a few hours.  Not even sure that's a possibility on those.  So maybe this is only for certain thermostats.

Go to the info page about your thermostat and look for 

"therm:runtimesincefilterchange": 

If it is not there or says 0 then it doesn't work. If it is there I can make away to reset it in the portal.

9 minutes ago, jwwhite001 said:

I can't seem to figure out how to get into the hub backup, restore, etc.

look under the check for updates button :)

38 minutes ago, thegillion said:

Go to the info page about your thermostat and look for 

"therm:runtimesincefilterchange": 

If it is not there or says 0 then it doesn't work. If it is there I can make away to reset it in the portal.

look under the check for updates button :)

Yeah it's there and currently set to 1342.  I assume that is hours, so already over your limit.  I figured it must be there as it was used in V1,   So if nothing else I can look up and find out if I can manually reset it and then I can just check the info page from time to time to verify it's current usage. If you could make it accessible through your portal all the better.  Nicely done. 

Although I am currently playing around with Smart things and I am thinking that might be something I move over and see what kind of features it offers.  It is something I can move back and forth kind of easily without effecting too much else.

Perhaps this has been brought up before, but I just realized there's no alarm related information/control included (other than in History). Is this for security reasons?  Your webpage is now so useful, that I go to it almost exclusively, and use the Iris app less and less..  Having alarm functionality seems like it would be very beneficial, probably as a Homepage entry.

6 hours ago, thegillion said:

Just a break down of what the system status is looking for 

Devices that are offline

If a device's battery is less than 40%

If a device has less than 30% signal

If a smoke/CO detector has not been tested in 90 days 

Can you add the last date/time the hub rebooted?

10 hours ago, Otto Mation said:

That is in Troubleshooting > Hub  You just have to convert the number to time.  It's also in the official app.

Yes, I realize it is in the app.

I just thought it would be helpful to see when I am looking at the system status
page on the web portal since I am already at the computer and not have to track
down the phone and look at the app to determine the last time the hub was rebooted.

And since its a computer it should do the conversion for me and convert the UNIX time stamp
to a format that I am familiar with. Computers are here to serve us not the other way around
so let the computer do the work and don't waste my time with converting to a readable format.

23 hours ago, Terminal said:

Yeah it's there and currently set to 1342.  I assume that is hours, so already over your limit.  I figured it must be there as it was used in V1,   So if nothing else I can look up and find out if I can manually reset it and then I can just check the info page from time to time to verify it's current usage. If you could make it accessible through your portal all the better.  Nicely done. 

Although I am currently playing around with Smart things and I am thinking that might be something I move over and see what kind of features it offers.  It is something I can move back and forth kind of easily without effecting too much else.

I have added a reset timer for the AC filter in the portal. 

21 hours ago, Whyris said:

Perhaps this has been brought up before, but I just realized there's no alarm related information/control included (other than in History). Is this for security reasons?  Your webpage is now so useful, that I go to it almost exclusively, and use the Iris app less and less..  Having alarm functionality seems like it would be very beneficial, probably as a Homepage entry.

I do not plan to add right now. I can add a status for the alarm.

33 minutes ago, thegillion said:

I have added a reset timer for the AC filter in the portal.

Where would that be?  I don't see it. 

Also last night I manually reset the filter timer on the thermostat.  But I just noticed on the info page for my thermostat it still shows the same number of hours as yesterday, 1342.  If I remember correctly when I went to the filter menu on the thermostat it showed 72 days.  After rest it showed 0, I would think the heat ran for at least an hour between when I reset it and now, but it's been fairly warm and my house seems to hold it's heat pretty well. So it may not have ran a total of an hour.  I will check again tomorrow and see.

8 hours ago, sparc said:

And since its a computer it should do the conversion for me and convert the UNIX time stamp
to a format that I am familiar with. Computers are here to serve us not the other way around
so let the computer do the work and don't waste my time with converting to a readable format.

All you gotta do is code your own portal and you can have it do the conversion for you.

2 hours ago, thegillion said:

Do a check for updates on the home page.

I was pretty sure I tried that before but just in case I tried again,  I don't see it.  Where should it be just in case I am missing it.,

1 hour ago, rclark31978 said:

All you gotta do is code your own portal and you can have it do the conversion for you.

Or wait for Iris by Lowes to get their web interface running.

Which with my coding skills might be sooner even though
its probably a year away at the pace they are going.

Sorry if you are bothered at my asking for changes or added features,
I know I do that a lot but sitting back and waiting for it to happen on its
own usually doesn't work. John may have plans to do some of the things
I ask about, and maybe they are back burner because he doesn't think
anyone has an interest in them. I throw my ideas and suggestions out
there because I think the web portal can do more. Everything that is there
now is great. I am curious if additional functionality can be added

Is your portal up and running yet, or are you suckling
at the teat that is irisstatus.org too ?

4 hours ago, thegillion said:

I do not plan to add right now. I can add a status for the alarm.

Thanks, and I fully underestand.  Having alarm status would certainly be useful as a first step (e.g. Off, On, Partial). The next step would be information if the alarm is triggered (i.e.which device(s) triggered the alarm and when) and lastly control of the alarm. I would think this would be the increasing order of complexity as well.