Iris+ For Gen 2 - Alternative Android Application
6 6

157 posts in this topic

I haven't had time to do any testing, but would this be the reason some of the pages (like dashboard) are blank on my Samsung tablet?  I think it's running 4.4.2.  It works great on my phone running 5.1.1.  -Jim C

Yes, that's the behavior on 4.4 and 4.4.2 as well. Some screens do work, and some screens work some of the time but the Dashboard does not seem to work at all. I know what the issue is just need to try and figure out if it can be resolved.

Under control the only items that show up are my smart plugs. I have 2 bulbs that don't show. They do show under devices. Also they are not selectable on the widget.

Can you enabled log level 1 and 2, then go to dashboard screen, then control screen and then send me the logs. Light bulbs must be defined differently than normal switches so I'd have to add them in but I need to see how they are defined.

What version of Android are you on? There is a compatibility issue with 4.x right now. If you are on 5.x or higher try force closing the app and restarting your phone. Let me know if you are still having an issue.

What version of Android are you on? There is a compatibility issue with 4.x right now. If you are on 5.x or higher try force closing the app and restarting your phone. Let me know if you are still having an issue.

I am on Android Version 6.0.1

I Forced Closed the phone app. That did not change anything.

I Restarted the phone.  That did not change anything.

Using this app, IFTTT, Dropbox, and Do Buttons. I was able to create 3 widget buttons on my phone to turn the alarm on, partial, or off. A little delay, but about what it takes to open an app and turn things on/off from there. 

Just more of an experiment more than anything else. Mainly trying to make things easier for my wife.

Looking forward to the direct Iris Plus widgets running scenes which should be a lot quicker.

Thanks Yuri.

Latest Iris+ update submitted to the PlayStore. Keep an eye out for v3.1 later today with the following features:

-Multiple places/hubs (Settings menu, log back in to refresh your places, then use Switch Hub)
-Scenes widgets
-Locks widgets
-Get notified when Iris platform is upgraded (experimental)
-Get notified when device signal goes to 0
-Android 4.4 compatibility (and Bluestacks)
-Speed improvement
-Bug fixes

If you have any issues, try the following:

1. Force stop and restart app

2. Restart phone

3. Log back in (from settings menu)

4. Uninstall and reinstall app

These steps will clear out any potential issues if any arise.

On the scene widget, can you make the symbol a little bigger? The round red button that says go is a little small.

The latest update under Home Status shows 1 device has no signal. But under devives they all show online and they all work ok.

On the scene widget, can you make the symbol a little bigger? The round red button that says go is a little small.

The latest update under Home Status shows 1 device has no signal. But under devives they all show online and they all work ok.

Yes I can add another size widget.

Can you enable debug and send logs after going to dashboard and devices screen. One of your devices is probably not reporting signal the same way as others.

Has anyone tried it on Android 6.0? I don't want to pay $10 only to find out that it doesn't work. It installs just fine but I just saw that the latest update supports Android 4.4

Thanks

Has anyone tried it on Android 6.0? I don't want to pay $10 only to find out that it doesn't work. It installs just fine but I just saw that the latest update supports Android 4.4

Thanks

I have 6.0.1 and it works just fine. Great app to have. 

Its working in my Bluestacks this morning...Did something change?

Yep, there was a compatibility issue that prevented it working with versions prior to 5.0. It's now fixed so the app is now compatible with Android 4.4 and later (including the new 7.0). Bluestacks uses Android 4.4.2.

So I was able to create a remote gate opener toggle using a DO button and dropbox.  Previously I had no way to toggle a smartplug on for a half second and then turn it back off (simulating a button press on a gate opener remote).   Nice!  Now when IRIS notifies me that someone left the gate open I have a reliable way to close it.  Before I was using the app to turn the plug on than back off, but with the latency and network delays it would take several tries.  Now the commands are sent together so it is very repeatable.

Interested in hearing what other handy thing people do with it.

btw - I have the smart plug wired to a relay then to an actual gate opener remote.

The ifttt capabilities of this app allows some creative uses. I just configured some nfc tags to turn my alarm on. Just touch phone on way out and all gets set.

So I was able to create a remote gate opener toggle using a DO button and dropbox.  Previously I had no way to toggle a smartplug on for a half second and then turn it back off (simulating a button press on a gate opener remote).   Nice!  Now when IRIS notifies me that someone left the gate open I have a reliable way to close it.  Before I was using the app to turn the plug on than back off, but with the latency and network delays it would take several tries.  Now the commands are sent together so it is very repeatable.

Interested in hearing what other handy thing people do with it.

btw - I have the smart plug wired to a relay then to an actual gate opener remote.

I love hearing these types of things! Flexibility is the key to a successful home automation. 

One of my personal uses is when I leave work and on my way home I have an IFTTT location rule setup that when I pass a certain point on my way home, my thermostat gets set to a specific temperature to start warming up/cooling down the house. I work from home random days of the week so schedule doesn't work for me.

Question about the Presence feature.  Working on my PC I am copying a text file named Dan-Entered.txt into my IRISPLUS dropbox folder.  The file content is: Entered<br>.  I see IRIS+ reads the file and deletes it.  The presence page still says  Mobile Devices - 0 Home.  What am I missing, is there a wi-Fi interaction required?