Iris+ For Gen 2 - Alternative Android Application
7 7

157 posts in this topic

Yes, you read this right - Iris+ is coming back!

Not sure how many of the original Iris+ users still remain in the Iris world, but the new version will have most of the features you enjoyed in the original version plus more. I am in the process of testing everything and expect the new version to hit the beta channel on the app store in the next few days! For more details, visit the app site at http://80degreeswest.com/apps/irisplus.

post-1536-0-15306600-1474830410_thumb.png

post-1536-0-63268100-1474830415_thumb.png

Awesome!!  More than anything, I'd be happy if you brought back the "IRIS Status" card.

I wonder what kinds of awesome stuff you and thegillion can put together if just the two of you collaborated on things.  :P

Can't log in. Says incorrect user id or password.

But I just logged in to the web portal using the

same ID and PASS without a problem.

Also, there is no exit option anywhere in the app

which I could find and repeatedly hitting the back

button or the home button in my Galaxy Note 3 does

not take me out of the app and back to the home screen.

Limited abilities without being able to log in but so

far Iris+ is a big minus for me. Looks good though.

I like the layout and all the options in settings that

I have seen so far.

I rebooted my phone but didn't make a difference. Still

get the message that the UserID is not valid.

I have removed the app for now.

Can't log in. Says incorrect user id or password.But I just logged in to the web portal using thesame ID and PASS without a problem.Also, there is no exit option anywhere in the appwhich I could find and repeatedly hitting the backbutton or the home button in my Galaxy Note 3 doesnot take me out of the app and back to the home screen.Limited abilities without being able to log in but sofar Iris+ is a big minus for me. Looks good though.I like the layout and all the options in settings thatI have seen so far.I rebooted my phone but didn't make a difference. Stillget the message that the UserID is not valid.I have removed the app for now.

V3.0 hasn't been released yet. You must be trying to log into the old version that is trying to access gen 1 that has been shut down.

"V3.0 hasn't been released yet."

I guess I was mislead by this statement on Google Play:

"Note: This application works with Iris version 2.0."

I guess you should take the old app off of Google Play

then, and remove the link to it on your website.

"V3.0 hasn't been released yet."

I guess I was mislead by this statement on Google Play:

"Note: This application works with Iris version 2.0."

I guess you should take the old app off of Google Play

then, and remove the link to it on your website.

The app has actually been unpublished since the shutdown of V1 so I'm not even sure why Google let you download it - my take was that unpublished apps should not be listed on the Play Store. I've been making content changes ahead of publishing the new version since the whole process does take some time and there is a delay between publishing and it being live so this is the transition period where some info may not match.

I pushed version 3.0 out to the Play Store so it should be live sometime today (make sure you look for v3.0 before downloading it). 

There is a help icon in the app that will give you more detailed information on each screen/feature. You can also reference the previous thread that has answers to a lot of questions others had before: http://forum.livingwithiris.com/index.php?/topic/545-alternate-android-app/?hl=irisplusand on how to setup rules: http://forum.livingwithiris.com/index.php?/topic/672-create-your-own-magic-with-irisplus/?hl=irisplus

The app is by no means a replacement for the official Iris app but rather a compliment. While I did add most of the features most of us would use on daily basis, the main emphasis was on what was missing from the official app - mobile phones for presence, improved notifications, information about your devices, etc. There are also some features that I have planned but have not figured out how to implement yet. Those will come in future versions.

If you see any issues and/or would like to participate in improving the app going forward or request features, you can use the following Taiga board (you'll need to sign up for an account):

https://tree.taiga.io/project/80degreeswest-irisplus-v2/issues

Yes, I see that version 3 is now on Google Play.

I installed it and the first thing after signing in

is a popup window that wants $9.99 from me before I

can even try it out. Where is the free version that

the app description speaks of so I can be sure it

even works on my phone before paying.

Uninstalled again.

Just search Irisplus and it will come up.

Here is the link:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eightydegreeswest.irisplus&hl=en

Yeah, I didn't try that one because it says 2.0 and he said look for 3.0 so that is what I was looking for. Installed it and it won't accept my USER ID and/or Password. Suggestions?  NVM, had to reboot my phone and now I'm in. Not sure what was interfering with the app. But, it's working.  :)

Yeah, I didn't try that one because it says 2.0 and he said look for 3.0 so that is what I was looking for. Installed it and it won't accept my USER ID and/or Password. Suggestions?

Are you seeing this at the bottom of the page?  If so your email and password should log you in.

post-26-0-08638700-1474985591_thumb.png

Set up the presence to run the away and home scenes. The app reported me away and back home but the scenes didn't run. The boxes were checked, etc. No biggy, just wondering what i might have missed.

If you got the "Home mode has been set to ..." notification then your setup is correct. Are you able to fire scenes from Iris+ manually? Try it again next time and if you are having the same issue, turn the level 1 and 2 logs on and send them over after you get the notification and I can see whats going on.

Yes, I see that version 3 is now on Google Play.

I installed it and the first thing after signing in

is a popup window that wants $9.99 from me before I

can even try it out. Where is the free version that

the app description speaks of so I can be sure it

even works on my phone before paying.

Uninstalled again.

The free version has the Dashboard, Control, Thermostat, Locks, and History screens. Other features like Scenes, Rules, Devices, Presence and Automation settings only work in paid version (so if you select one of those from the Dashboard or left menu you will get the purchase popup). If you do decide you want to try the other features and pay for the app and it's still not working out for you I would 100% refund the purchase upon request. The only reason I even have the paid version is so I can have a small budget to get devices I don't currently own to improve the app's capabilities.