Wink hub 2??
2 2

9 posts in this topic

can't wait! won't have to pay $10 month to turn on lights!

Wink Hub 2 appears to be designed for local processing.

Here is a review of Wink vs Smart Things, this was probably done before Hub 2 is out, which has generally gotten favorable reviews.  Also Wink support is US based, and in my experience appears to be somewhat knowledgeable.

http://razzed.com/2016/05/09/ive-abandoned-smartthings-for-wink/

1 minute ago, xadawgx said:

I've had my Wink 2 hub for some time now, and it has been rock solid stable, SO much better than the V1 hub.

What sort of problems were you having with the V1 hub?  Mine is only a problem when within 10 feet of router.  Once I moved it across another room, it has been very stable.

I have been putting it off because nothing was offered to current users as far as a discount.  I completely understand changing technology, but they could have offered something to existing customers.

Lowes went well beyond my expectations by giving free V2 hubs to existing customers.

Basically with V1 hub the robots would only execute properly about 60-75 percent of the time  while V2 almost never fails.   With V2 they fixed the wireless sensitivity issue and also added an Ethernet port (even better)  Not to mention with V2 you get local processing for most tasks, so its faster and less reliant on the cloud.    Totally worth the upgrade in my opinion even at full cost.