Latest hub update renered my system unusable

3 posts in this topic

Last week I received a call from Iris saying that my system was identified as one that required a manual updare be pushed to it. I was informed that i would need to unpair and re-pair my smart plugs. Soon after this update, my ge dimmer switch stopped functioning, then my ge in wall outlet, then garage door opener.. after several hours on the phone with support, re pairing all my smart plugs, range extender, switches and outlets, they are still broken. Devics, are connect and either wont work or will randomly work with a long (minutes long) delay. Dimmers wont come to full brightness, etc.

Future calls to support simply want me to spend hours doing the un pair, re pair process... i have done my one switch over 7 times. I have been dedicated to iris from v1, and every step iris takes forward is two steps backwards for users. It is truly a shame thar the system worked two years ago but limps along today.

Has anyone else had this call from iris and expierence issues? They broke my system and now they wont fix it. It seems that they are only woking hard at losing their users.

I have two systems and honestly the only reason i have not switched to ST is my multiple irrigation timers that are apparently not compatible, but frustration may just get the best of me and cause me to ditch them too.

Bring Back.V1 !

Hose Ends work with ST as simple switch (turn on - you get 10 minutes of watering)

Thanks, but my hose end controllers have not functioned correctly since v2, and my bigger issues is that I have the hardwired irrigation timers (3 of them)