No issues for over a month or more now?

6 posts in this topic

Disconnects aren't happening (had issues with motion and contact sensor brought over from V1, enough so that I added a new v1 contact next to my original door sensor)... 

Maybe it takes the network a while to figure itself out upon conversion... haven't run the new z-wave optimization I read about in another post mentioning it in the new app.

I guess I should send in my V1 hub for processing....

I have to admit that my systems stability has been good

over the past few weeks. We used to have problems with

the one leak detector dropping out a couple hours after

every time it was paired with the hub but it has been

steady for over a month now. Still lose a tilt sensor

in the garage at least once a week but it comes back on

its own usually within 24 hours, I haven't looked at the

times reported on when it drops out and reconnects to see

if there is a pattern or not.

I have seen the same.  My system has never really been that unstable.  An occasional drop but very seldom.  I even have a GE link bulb that never would stay connected more than a week or so has been going for over a month now.  I may try adding back a couple more.

Wish I could say that...  :(

Mine is still having issues with some v1 contacts, and the GE outlets...

But then the firmware update was about a week ago... that always seems to cause issues.

my GE outdoor outlets used to be some of my worst performers, dropping out all the time. So bad I was ready to throw them against the wall they were so frustrating. But the past month has been virtually problem free for the GE outlets and the one in-wall dimmer I have installed. Maybe its time to add a couple more back into the mix and see what happens, one by one I think

I really think adding those 4 smart plugs around the house helped fill in any holes in coverage. Even though they have nothing plugged into them for $120 I got some stability in the system because they repeat Z-Wave and ZigBee signals.

I've been very stable (in terms of connected devices) for the majority of V2. I had one issue at the very beginning with a single wall switch dropping out, but that was fixed pretty quickly.
Last night I thought that was about to change... I had difficulty signing in for about 30 minutes, then when I managed to get signed in, I found 2 devices offline.
As it turns out, it was not iris... Sometime either during the hurricane or the extended power outage we had,  I had a GFI trip which had a smart plug attached, and I also had inadvertently switched off a power strip while trying to unplug my phone charger in the dark, which also had a smart plug connected to it.
It's always concerning to open the app and see multiple devices offline...

Now, if they could just make it so that my kitchen lights don't come on at what ever brightness they feel like at the time, I'd be pretty happy.