V1 Outdoor Camera Disconnect
2 2

47 posts in this topic

Ok guys, I just took my 3 V1 cams in and exchanged one out for a V2 and they gave me credit for the other two as they only had one v2 camera to swap out.

The Wifi is horrible.

I have a Amped repeater/extender. I tried to connect the camera to it with no luck. It can connect my phone and other computers just fine. I am assuming it has something to do with my hub being connected to the main router and the camera being connected to the extender.

Does anyone know how to make this work? I connected my phone to the extender and tried to connect to the app and it won't work.

Man the trouble I've had with trying to get cameras to work with this iris system has been insane!

Thanks for any help!!!

The Wifi is horrible.

I disagree, the wifi connectivity is as good, if not better, than the V1 cameras.  However, connectivity to either model is dependent on the signal strength from your router.  I recently updated my old airport extreme 802.11n router to the latest dual band airport extreme 802.11a/b/g/n/ac with a six-element beam forming antenna array and my wireless network has never been better.  

I'm not familiar with the Amped repeaters so I can't help you, but I can say I'm not a big fan of repeaters. The signal these devices repeat is only as good as the signal they receive, so why not just make the source as good as it possibly can be?

I disagree, the wifi connectivity is as good, if not better, than the V1 cameras. However, connectivity to either model is dependent on the signal strength from your router. I recently updated my old airport extreme 802.11n router to the latest dual band airport extreme 802.11a/b/g/n/ac with a six-element beam forming antenna array and my wireless network has never been better.

I'm not familiar with the Amped repeaters so I can't help you, but I can say I'm not a big fan of repeaters. The signal these devices repeat is only as good as the signal they receive, so why not just make the source as good as it possibly can be?

Thanks Vett, I got it working with the Repeater. But I agree; I would rather have the router do the job. I have Att. I will look into the router you suggest.

The delay was around 20 to 30 seconds on live view being wired and also wireless.

Is that what you notice?

Ok guys, as I said the quality of the video is awesome!! But the sensitivity of this camera is crazy. I've filled up all the room on the storage in one night. I don't see anything that could be setting it off other than the trees moving across the street. Or shadows of our trees. There really needs to be a sensitivity adjustment.

Also,I have it set to 5 mins for nighttime recording. I'm getting 2s, 10s, 35s, 2m, 5m........ and something I never saw before "In Progress." Anyone else dealing with this?

Again, love the camera. Just wish the problems were over!

Thanks!

post-4907-0-44887800-1477060012_thumb.png

When I got an "In Progress" it only recorded a second or two and I had to download it to view it. I've had some short recordings but I always figured they were caused by one sensor causing a recording to start then the motion sensor starting a recording while the other recording was still going since I have one camera setup with both recording rules.

When I got an "In Progress" it only recorded a second or two and I had to download it to view it. I've had some short recordings but I always figured they were caused by one sensor causing a recording to start then the motion sensor starting a recording while the other recording was still going since I have one camera setup with both recording rules.

Hey Terk, I just have one camera right now with one rule. It's just constantly recording after few minutes. The sad thing is my wife came home to drop something off and it didn't catch her until she got back in her car in the driveway. Yet when I watch live recordings, the delay is 20 to 30 seconds. Who knows.

Thinking of covering the top and bottom of the motion sensor to make it less sensitive with electrical tape.

Thanks for the reply!!!!

Thank Terminal! I don't know about the rest of you but my camera is just way too sensitive. It's recording ever 5 to 10 minutes and there's nothing there.

Mine will not record unless you walk almost on it.  It's in my shop, which is closed up.  Even the garage door opening won't set it off.