V2 Camera Motion Sensor WAY TOO SENSITIVE!!!
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone else notice that the V2 Camera is way too sensitive? I just got one and it's recording every 5 to 10 minutes.

The only thing that's out there are trees about 20 feet away that the leafs are moving. That's just too sensitive in my opinion if that's what's causing it.

The sad thing is, the camera missed my wife when she pulled in the driveway and also missed me when I drove up into the driveway which is where the camera is facing.

I have a camera in my 1/2 basement that has windows facing an intersection. Once the sun goes down, the headlights of every car that enters the intersection lights up my basement and sends the camera into alarm. The camera is even facing away from the windows, but the movement of light from the headlights streaking across the basement makes the camera think it is seeing motion in the room. If anyone can think of a solution to this, i'd appreciate hearing your ideas.

I have a camera in my 1/2 basement that has windows facing an intersection. Once the sun goes down, the headlights of every car that enters the intersection lights up my basement and sends the camera into alarm. The camera is even facing away from the windows, but the movement of light from the headlights streaking across the basement makes the camera think it is seeing motion in the room. If anyone can think of a solution to this, i'd appreciate hearing your ideas.

Not sure how your windows are setup in your basement. Could put blinds, UV Coating, or Photo lamenants on them.

I had 1 v1 camera that did that for a few days then it went back to normal sensitivity, hopefully yours will as well.

Thanks Terk! I have all 3 cameras setup and it took them a few days to settle down but they seem to be working good now. It's like they learn the normal motion in the area.