Oct. 26 iOS app update 1.14.1
3 3

9 posts in this topic

I've not seen any discussion of the 14.1 app update dated Oct. 26 for iOS. I just noticed it tonight and updated. Two main things I've noticed:

1) My app loads more quickly, and returns from suspension more quickly when I return from using other apps.

2) The Care Card is now using my photos of devices along with the names in the device activity list. I don't recall seeing this before.

Has anyone else had an issue with the app not working until you restart it.  For the last few days I have had issues with devices not responding to the app.  If I close the app completely and restart then all is well again.  I have had issues in the past where the app would hang or not log in and I would have to restart, but now it seems to all be working for a bit and then something won't respond, For example a light this morning would show itself turning on and off in the app but the light would be doing nothing.  Close and restart and it starts working again,. I am on IOS.

I, too, have noticed non-responsiveness from the app.  My issue is with the Iris thermostat.  I can successfully change the temp setting via my Echo, but not via the app.  If I change the temp via the app, the app does not reflect the new temp setting (ex. current temp is 64.  I manually change to 68.  Temp reading remains on 64.)  And this is not simply the app misreporting the current settings (i.e. the command goes through and the app is just not refreshing the screen), the app does not appear to be executing the command.  So, right now, the only way to change is via my Echo (and, I assume, manually from the thermostat touch panel (which, I admit, I haven't confirmed)).

All of this has been going on for nearly a week.

I have five CT101 thermostats and have noticed slow / no response from the thermostat when using the app.  I have also noticed that if I change the temperature from thermostat the app does not update to reflect the new setting.  For example I turned three of the thermostats down to 61 degrees and the app 24 hours latter still show them set to the previous 67 degrees.  It is almost as though they are not connected to IRIS even though they show connected in the app.

Here is where it gets interesting and why I think there is a bug at the moment.  If I go to http://irisstatus.org/iris_portal the graphic on the portal show the incorrect thermostat set point (67 degrees) but if I hover over the book to see the history I do see the event with the exact time that I set the temperature to 61 degrees at the thermostat.

Has anyone else had an issue with the app not working until you restart it.  For the last few days I have had issues with devices not responding to the app.  If I close the app completely and restart then all is well again.  I have had issues in the past where the app would hang or not log in and I would have to restart, but now it seems to all be working for a bit and then something won't respond, For example a light this morning would show itself turning on and off in the app but the light would be doing nothing.  Close and restart and it starts working again,. I am on IOS.

+1