STILL CAMERA PIC BUG REMAINS ALIVE AND WELL
1 1

72 posts in this topic

Thought I would refine the description and detail of this issue that is also on the "General" section by updating it here.  I am still experiencing the problem, even after two calls to IRIS.  At this time either the still picture will not appear at all or if it does appear is is very outdated.  The only thing that I have been able to do to correct this matter is re-boot the hub.  This is a poor workaround at best.  I cannot envision doing this every time I want an updated still photo to quickly check on things!  The recording works great and playing clips work s great but FOR SOME REASON THE STILLS HAVE BECOME PROBLEMATIC! 

It did not used to be this way!  I sure wish we could get some level of explanation from Lowes.

Today my outdoor cameras seem fine ,but my indoor camera has about a 5-10 minute lag.

My lags are more like hours.  As of this moment, I have no still picture.  Just a blank blue screen that says Den Camera and Sercomm.  However, when I force close and re-open I get a picture that is from at least eight hours ago.

I used to have this problem but recently (I'm not sure when) the problem went away and when I am on the Cameras page my two cameras update periodically (appears to be refreshing with a new frame about every 30 seconds).

This is on Android 5.0 and app version is 1.14.1

I used to have this problem but recently (I'm not sure when) the problem went away and when I am on the Cameras page my two cameras update periodically (appears to be refreshing with a new frame about every 30 seconds).

This is on Android 5.0 and app version is 1.14.1

Does anyone know what the still picture refresh rate should be by design??

I never have the missing picture issue, however I'm guessing that is because I force close the app after each use so it is opening fresh each time, the few times I didn't force close it between uses I noticed other issues like opening the Doors & Locks card and not seeing some of my locks.  I do however have the refresh issue often where I will look at the stills and see images from the night before and it may take a anywhere from 30 seconds (when working well) to 2 minutes or not until a day later when I look again before they refresh to something that looks current.  The last week or so has been more current for me so they look right when I open the Camera card however most of the time I'm looking less than 2 hours since something would have last changed for me to notice.  Oh and my Internet is Cable.

I also force close the app when I am done using it. I know a portion of it reloads and is active

in memory in the background to receive notifications and such as many apps do but the full

app I close down. I have done this for many years and also during the time I was having the

problem with the still images not being displayed.

This is something I do with most apps, especially the memory hungry ones like Facebook,

Office Lens, my email app, and some Google apps. I know how the OS is supposed to release

memory and close apps when it needs the space to run other processes but the phone seems

to be sluggish if I don't force them close when 4 or 5 apps are running in the background.

Admittedly the phone is getting long in the tooth and I have over 250 apps installed so I'm asking

a lot from my Galaxy Note 3 but there is nothing in the present lineup of phones that excites me

enough to make the move to a newer phone, except maybe the Moto Z with it magnetic snap on

expansion modules. I'm interested to see if anyone else comes out with a system like this and what

options they offer that Motorola doesn't.

I tried the "force close" method and no joy.  As of this moment, I have the blue screen and the words Den Camera and Sercomm.....again.  I put the system back on cat 5e a while back thinking this was a firmware update issue for the camera.  No joy!  My internet is fast and works everywhere else.

Just got back from a three day trip and the entire time I was gone the camera never showed a still.  Tonight is the first time I have gotten anything and the still it is showing is from at least 12 hours ago. 

Josh from Tier 2 called.  Right now we are speculating that the still picture bug may be related to the iOS issue related with other threads.  I also noted for Josh that my iPhone is not listed properly in my settings area of my App and he confirmed it was not listed properly on their end.  I am getting notifications and messages.  Live feed and clips have never been a problem.  Josh mentioned that the iOS issue started about a month ago and corrections are to be made in the next release.  He has kicked this up to the developers that are working with apple.

Hope this bit of news is comforting to those of you still experiencing this issue.