STILL CAMERA PIC BUG REMAINS ALIVE AND WELL
1 1

72 posts in this topic

This seems to be working now.  All day yesterday and today I believe I have had a good still picture.  It's hard to say for sure as the area I am looking at does not really change.  Only thing I can go by is the amount of light and it seems to be about right.

This morning I have one camera that displays a still that is less than one minute old and the other is frozen on a still from almost 24 hours ago. If I stream from that second camera with the frozen image all is good. And when I return to the cameras screen its still stuck on that image from yesterday at 5:58 AM and does not update while the other camera updates at least once a minute. Hard to tell because nothing in the scene is moving but the clock updates and when the occasional car goes by I can see the headlights.

Both cameras were updating the still previously. I don't know when this started but its been in the past few days.

This morning I have one camera that displays a still that is less than one minute old and the other is frozen on a still from almost 24 hours ago. If I stream from that second camera with the frozen image all is good. And when I return to the cameras screen its still stuck on that image from yesterday at 5:58 AM and does not update while the other camera updates at least once a minute. Hard to tell because nothing in the scene is moving but the clock updates and when the occasional car goes by I can see the headlights.

Both cameras were updating the still previously. I don't know when this started but its been in the past few days.

Mine comes and goes.  It seemed to be working this last weekend but now it seems to be stuck again.

Mine also comes and goes but not as bad as before.  I still get the "blue screen" on an occasion (daily) but have found that a force close and reopen of the app corrects the matter.  Have you tried that yet?  BTW, this used to NOT work prior to the update.

I have gotten in the habit of force closing the app every time I use it.  If I don't about half the time none of my devices will update using the app.

Maybe this is part of the update that the tech guy told me about.  Maybe things will settle down for apple users after the app update and hub update.  We can hope!

This morning both my Iris cameras are displaying a up to date still image with the current time overlaid and updating at least once a minute. I've done nothing that I know of that might have changed anything. Not rebooted my phone, reset the hub, power cycled the cameras, nothing. But its all working FB now.

No change here, still getting a shot several hours old.

My shots also are several hours old but that is better than the several days old or none at all that I used to get.  The begged question (which I have posted on this site) is what expectation should we have for the still shot.  Is it supposed to update every time we open the app, every 30 minutes, every hour.........?  Also, having to force close the app to get an update is not acceptable.

My view is that there are still issues that remain to be resolved in this area.  I understand (see earlier posting) that this may be related to ios users only.  I am hoping that the upcoming upgrades of the app and hub firmware will correct this.

Got and installed the iOS App update 1.15 yesterday late.  This morning noticed two things:

1. My iPhone 6 is now recognized as a device.  In fact, I got a notice that a "new device" had been connected.  It always was "connected" but now it is identified.
  2. My still camera picture MAY be more stable.  I say may from the perspective that I think I should wait a few days before calling this fixed.  Also, I still have no estimate as to how often the still picture should refresh.

Hope this helps everyone.

This seems to be fixed for me.  It appears I am getting updated images and I have been for about a week now.

Terminal, have you been able to figure out the refresh frequency of the still picture?  I have asked Lowes on a couple of occasions what I should expect and have not received any answer except it should be "more than several days old".  Like you my stills seem to be working correctly.

Terminal, have you been able to figure out the refresh frequency of the still picture?  I have asked Lowes on a couple of occasions what I should expect and have not received any answer except it should be "more than several days old".  Like you my stills seem to be working correctly.

No, I don't check it that often, but lately when I do it seems to be a good image.  I do know in the past I have opened the garage door and after opening and closing the picture a few times I would eventually see the door opening in the screen shot.  Usually within a minute.  I haven't done that in a while though.

I remember the IRIS V1 actually had the timestamp (date and time, actually) embedded in the top (or was it bottom) of the video.  Wish they left that in, as the current timestamp on the bottom of the image is worthless since it doesn't necessarily reflect the actual time the image was taken.

I remember the IRIS V1 actually had the timestamp (date and time, actually) embedded in the top (or was it bottom) of the video.  Wish they left that in, as the current timestamp on the bottom of the image is worthless since it doesn't necessarily reflect the actual time the image was taken.

Something like this?

post-122-0-92330800-1482429594_thumb.png

Just opened the app and the picture that initially came up was one from 11:20 AM this morning (lights off).  It is now 4:15 PM.  I viewed "play" and the still immediately updated to a more current (lights on) configuration.  I hope this does not mean things are going south again.

How do I post a picture?  I have the "bluescreen" still picture bug back and have been trying to figure out how to post the screen shot to no avail.  Can someone help please?

To post an image to the forum select "More Reply Options" (next to the Post button).  In the next window click on the "Choose File" option to attach the file.  After your selected file has uploaded select "Attach This File".