Schedule not working
3 3

19 posts in this topic

Last night a smart plug on a schedule did not operate, that I use to charge my plug in hybrid car. So It had no charge this morning. Also my morning alarm disarm did not work either. Anyone else having any problems? I have had both working perfectly for 6 months plus with V2. I see no evidence in the history of any internet or power outages. Firmware for the hub says v2.0.2.016

Yes, I had the same experience on November 15th, all scheduled lighting events did not work. Was working perfectly for many months, and all of a sudden they stopped yesterday. Seems to be back to normal today. I think Iris may have had a server problem.

I had multiple scheduled events that did not work. Light switches mainly. Not sure on smart plugs. I will check when I get home, but they did not work at sunrise this morning either.

Update: It appears that 2 GE light switches are not following any scheduled events. One is a sunset to sunrise schedule for outdoor lights. The other has 6 events throughout the day and neither switch has followed since yesterday sometime.

I haven't had to many problems with the time scheduling but many problems with making rule wizard work correctly. Many problems with devices not connecting with iris even those devices that are hard wired into the house.

This new hub of iris 2.0 is a real downgrade from the first hub. Right down to the operating interface at least the old hub you could operate it from a browser and other devices. If I could afford to buy everything that I have now again I would certainly change to a different manufacture. I have the same problems that you have. Not to mention devices I cant use anymore because IRIS drop them from the platform.  If I could take it all back to the store I would and run.

Update:  I performed a 2 second hub reset, which did not resolve the issue.  I deleted the scheduled events and entered new ones for one of the switches.  The next event ran as expected on that switch.  Still nothing on the other switch.  Time to delete and re-enter schedules.

I'm unable to add events or schedules ... started the same time as the rest of you are reporting - the device is a V1 smart plug, which has worked flawlessly until yesterday. I was able to manually control the device. Quick summary of what I'm seeing:

- Yesterday my living room lamp did not turn on as scheduled...I thought nothing of it, but when I opened the app, the device was missing from the list of lights and switches ... odd

- I rebooted the hub thinking recent network work had caused a glitch, but same issue.

- the next morning (today) i tried to add a new schedule to a different smart switch but it would not save the events...I uninstalled the app/reinstalled ... same thing.

- In addition to the problems above, if I attempt to access the hub from "devices" after about 2 seconds, it shows "your hub is offline" and starts to freak out. Closing the app (iOS) and firing it back up results in the offline message going away until the hub is accessed again - weird.

- Also Alexa quit working this morning too - i thought that might have something to do with this whole mess so i disabled Alexa integration, but no dice on the behavior.

- My co-worker reports having issues with arming his system as well. No response at the keypad, but the app is showing arm/disarm in the history, btw. 

At this point I'm certain that this is a bug that got pushed out to users either by way of the app or the hub .. honestly I have not used Iris much as it is just a fancy timer for my zigbee stuff. I've migrated just about everything else z-wave over to Home Assistant which has been far superior for its advanced automation, however the learning curve is pretty steep.

I guess I'll await an update

I'm unable to add events or schedules ... started the same time as the rest of you are reporting - the device is a V1 smart plug, which has worked flawlessly until yesterday. I was able to manually control the device. Quick summary of what I'm seeing:

- Yesterday my living room lamp did not turn on as scheduled...I thought nothing of it, but when I opened the app, the device was missing from the list of lights and switches ... odd

- I rebooted the hub thinking recent network work had caused a glitch, but same issue.

- the next morning (today) i tried to add a new schedule to a different smart switch but it would not save the events...I uninstalled the app/reinstalled ... same thing.

- In addition to the problems above, if I attempt to access the hub from "devices" after about 2 seconds, it shows "your hub is offline" and starts to freak out. Closing the app (iOS) and firing it back up results in the offline message going away until the hub is accessed again - weird.

- Also Alexa quit working this morning too - i thought that might have something to do with this whole mess so i disabled Alexa integration, but no dice on the behavior.

- My co-worker reports having issues with arming his system as well. No response at the keypad, but the app is showing arm/disarm in the history, btw. 

At this point I'm certain that this is a bug that got pushed out to users either by way of the app or the hub .. honestly I have not used Iris much as it is just a fancy timer for my zigbee stuff. I've migrated just about everything else z-wave over to Home Assistant which has been far superior for its advanced automation, however the learning curve is pretty steep.

I guess I'll await an update

There's a lengthy thread concerning these issues in case you missed it.  But since you mentioned you've moved most of your devices over to another platform I'd continue that process to completion and not worry about iris.

JEE    1

I have 3 Gen 1 smart plugs on 2 different systems.  Although my schedules are presently working, I can't access the screen to edit the schedules on either system, and one of the switches no longer shows up under the "Lights & Switches" section of the Dashboard.  All of the smart plugs show up under the "Devices" screen and can be manually controlled from that screen. My hub also has Firmware version V2.0.2.016.  Also, my keypad is not responding with chirps, lights etc. but still arms and disarms the system.

There's a lengthy thread concerning these issues in case you missed it.  But since you mentioned you've moved most of your devices over to another platform I'd continue that process to completion and not worry about iris.

That is the kind of response that most customers expect to hear from Lowe's these days...and consequently the reason everyone is jumping ship, save a handful of employees. ;)

It's sad really. I had high hopes for what Gen 2 would be able to accomplish, but between business leadership's direction and the skill level of the developers it's been quite a failure when compared to the competition.

The "Broken" "Fix". Got a really nice email from Iris telling me that all is well.  Now I see that all schedules are gone, my Orbit 12 zone is currently watering Zone null and when I try to use my Android to set things right it crashes.  Thanks for the "Fix" Lowes.

For me, my original schedules are firing off again on their prescribed times.  However when I go to the schedules tab, it doesn't list any of my switches to add/modify schedules (it's blank).

I'm trying really hard not to be jaded, but does anyone else have a major problem with a "security system" that can magically get blasted from the cloud, rendering it unusable?

@Iris/Lowes - do you even know what the root cause of this mess was? I'm about to have a fire sale if anyone is interested...

I had one of my hose controllers run yesterday.  Even though it has been on a manual schedule since September.  I have two and they are disconnected and sitting on a shelf in my shop.   Wednesday morning one of them, per the history, ran the even day schedule I used to have them setup on.  Only the one at 6:30AM ran.  The other is supposed to start at 7:00am, it did not run. which it should not have.