Washed out background on Android App

10 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is specific to my new Google Pixel with Android 7.1, but I've been noticing since I've had this phone about half of the time I open the Iris app the background does not load, and instead there is just a white background.  This makes it impossible to use the app since the text is all white..  I have to force close the app and reopen to resolve.  Has anyone else had this issue?   

I have noticed the few times I haven't forced closed between uses that it has almost never worked correctly unless I just switch to another app in the background to look at something then switch back within a few minutes.  This is mostly on an iPhone since that is where I use it the most.

I ended up uploading a picture that was just a solid black square.  It actually works really well throughout the entire app because now the text is all easy to read.  Added a nice contrast. lol.  So far it's been working fine without any washing out ironically enough.  Seems to have only made a difference when the default picture was used. 

I also just loaded a solid black picture so that the screen is usable. The blurred image in the background is just a horrible concept and does nothing but make the white text unreadable over light areas of a picture.  The whole bland interface needs a serious human factors assessment and some addition of color coding to quickly find a card without having to read them all in tiny text and to indicate the on/off states of objects.  What the heck are they waiting for?  And please scrap the house image if it speeds up the app loading!

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:08 AM, RonLh said:

I also just loaded a solid black picture so that the screen is usable. The blurred image in the background is just a horrible concept and does nothing but make the white text unreadable over light areas of a picture.  The whole bland interface needs a serious human factors assessment and some addition of color coding to quickly find a card without having to read them all in tiny text and to indicate the on/off states of objects.  What the heck are they waiting for?  And please scrap the house image if it speeds up the app loading!

Agree. It's been brought up before but apparently fallen on deaf ears.