Anyone else having issues around 4 pm Eastern?
3 3

197 posts in this topic

I am missing over half of my devices since this afternoon, but more troubling is that I have not been able to arm my alarm, but the app shows the alarm status as "ON" but also "alarm arming" and is stuck at "-1 second", so I don't know if my system is working at all, or if I will trigger an alarm the moment I open a door this morning. AND WHY OH WHY WON'T IRIS LET YOU KNOW THERE ARE ISSUES WHEN YOU LOG IN THE APP INSTEAD OF HAVING TO FIND OUT THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE?

Just seeing this for the first time. Didn't experience any problems that I am aware of here.

Wife didn't report any problems yesterday afternoon. When I got home at 4:30PM everything

worked as expected. I'm in NJ if that makes a difference, possibly using a different server as

I imagine they are load sharing and were not doing updates to all at the same time. So say 3

or 4 or however many servers and they take 20% of them offline for the platform update and

the remaining can't handle the load.

Wouldn't local processing mitigate or even eliminate some of these problems?

Maybe restoration of local processing deserves a higher priority than it currently receives.

A like equals a vote for a return to local processing.

This is also a case where prior notice via email of pending system upgrades would have been

appreciated by users (aka subscribers who must now pay for service which is less reliable than

that obtained under V1 for free).

I understand the need to take systems offline to perform upgrades and replace equipment, I do it all the

time at work on systems more important than this (you like it when your lights to stay on don't you).

What I don't understand is no prior communication which to me equates to they don't care. They had

to know days ahead of time that this platform update was going to be implemented, so there is no

reason to not include in the schedule that someone pushes out a notice to end users a date and time

window for the update and what to expect.

I hope Iris is testing all this is the sandbox thoroughly before they roll it out.

This morning everything was working fine, but as of right I can log in but it says my Hub is offline.  My wife is working from home today and I have a motion detector in the office that turns on a lamp.  I am getting the message that the Hub is offline but I am seeing the office motion detector detecting my wife moving around in the office the history is updating with motion activity. 

I thought it was strange last night when I could not unlock/lock my doors.

Another quirk - my first gen key FOBs for my four kids are still listed under devices, but the system is not showing them under the "home and family" card.  In fact, the Home and Family card just has the "learn more" button on it.

So, that also means my rules about making sure the doors are locked after each kid leaving aren't working either.  

I've reset the hub and force quit the app (and tried apps on multiple devices), yet the lock rules aren't working, nor are the devices showing up on the "home and family" card.

You know, this gets rather frustrating, Lowe's.... at least tell me when you're going to do crap like this.

Edit: Also, if I go under my scenes, and find my "Good Night" scene... and then click on actions (it says there's four), I get a blank screen that says "Actions" as the title, then "Recommended For You" with "More Devices needed" underneath it.  No four rules being listed.

Sheesh.

A quick update - we have identified the cause of the issues experienced yesterday and are continuing to perform repairs this morning, some of which are complete. We will update the thread here as we have additional information.

You have the Release Information page (https://support.irisbylowes.com/ics/support/KBList.asp?folderID=188) and the Maintenance and Upgrades page (https://support.irisbylowes.com/link/portal/30143/30206/ArticleFolder/191/Maintenance-and-Upgrades) plus Twitter, Facebook, and all of our email addresses.  Was this change mentioned on any of them?  The last two months application updates have not been published on the Release Information page and the last update on the Maintenance and Upgrades page was June 2016.  On Twitter I saw some communications about the issue this morning but nothing yesterday.  A heads-up email would go a long ways to reducing frustrations when things like this happen.

Have been having issues with switches that are on a schedule not coming on or turning of.  Also had a problem with my thermostat not adjusting the temp at the scheduled time.  Contacted Iris tech support yesterday at 3:00pm Mt standard.  They were not aware of any problem and started going down the same road they always do talking about rebooting the hub and resetting devices.  They suggested that I what 24 hrs because they were about to do an update for the hubs.   Last night when I was going to contact tech support again they had a recording advising that "some" users were experiencing problems with their systems and that they working to correct the problem.  "This is an understatement".  I have also experienced devices, that are normally stable, becoming disconnected.  ie: light switches.  Its all very sad considering I have three homes with Iris devices.

By the way, this issue didn't just start yesterday.  I've been noticing scheduling problems for the last week and disconnection problems of devices that have been solid for a long time, suddenly they are disconnecting.  This has been going on for several weeks or more.  Lowes, has heard a million times from its customers that they fail to provide its customers with updates but they just don't hear.  

I thought it was strange last night when I could not unlock/lock my doors.

Another quirk - my first gen key FOBs for my four kids are still listed under devices, but the system is not showing them under the "home and family" card.  In fact, the Home and Family card just has the "learn more" button on it.

So, that also means my rules about making sure the doors are locked after each kid leaving aren't working either.  

I've reset the hub and force quit the app (and tried apps on multiple devices), yet the lock rules aren't working, nor are the devices showing up on the "home and family" card.

You know, this gets rather frustrating, Lowe's.... at least tell me when you're going to do crap like this.

Edit: Also, if I go under my scenes, and find my "Good Night" scene... and then click on actions (it says there's four), I get a blank screen that says "Actions" as the title, then "Recommended For You" with "More Devices needed" underneath it.  No four rules being listed.

Sheesh.

My keyfob is missing from the family card but my wife's is showing... My fob is listed in the devices list and works but it will not activate the rules

for leaving and getting home.... also all my motion sensors and 2 door sensors show up in the device list but when activated show as an

unknown device activated in the history....

You have the Release Information page (https://support.irisbylowes.com/ics/support/KBList.asp?folderID=188) and the Maintenance and Upgrades page (https://support.irisbylowes.com/link/portal/30143/30206/ArticleFolder/191/Maintenance-and-Upgrades) plus Twitter, Facebook, and all of our email addresses.  Was this change mentioned on any of them?  The last two months application updates have not been published on the Release Information page and the last update on the Maintenance and Upgrades page was June 2016.  On Twitter I saw some communications about the issue this morning but nothing yesterday.  A heads-up email would go a long ways to reducing frustrations when things like this happen.

This.  Next time there is a major platform upgrade we should at least receive an email that the system could be down or be partially unresponsive, if not a push notification or text.  I have to live and die by maintenance windows myself but we have a change advisory board meeting every week so the help desk is aware of everything going on and can send out advance notice to users.  Really not that difficult to implement.

This.  Next time there is a major platform upgrade we should at least receive an email that the system could be down or be partially unresponsive, if not a push notification or text.  I have to live and die by maintenance windows myself but we have a change advisory board meeting every week so the help desk is aware of everything going on and can send out advance notice to users.  Really not that difficult to implement.

Iris, please listen to your customers.  This is sooooooo Basic!!!!!!!!!

I do believe it when they say only some customers were effected.  I did not notice any down time in the last several days or issues with my system at all, and I am in it regularly throughout the day.    Not to rub salt into the wound, but it wasn't all customers that were down as far as I can tell based on my experiences.   

I do believe it when they say only some customers were effected.  I did not notice any down time in the last several days or issues with my system at all, and I am in it regularly throughout the day.    Not to rub salt into the wound, but it wasn't all customers that were down as far as I can tell based on my experiences.   

Ok, glad to hear that somehow you were not affected.  Congratulations.  Maybe not ALL people were affected. But a significant number of people are currently having problems.  That is sufficient for people to complain and for Lowes to fix this problem.  

Devices and accounts should now be working for all users, please let us know if you are not able to log into your account or if a device is missing from the account. We are in the process of addressing schedules, rules and scenes. 

https://support.irisbylowes.com/link/portal/30143/30206/Article/837/Platform-Update-08-33-AM-EST-18-NOV-16

Do you have cameras or Safety devices like smoke detectors or leak detectors?  The Cameras and Safety Alarm cards are my biggest issue at the moment, sometimes my Cameras card is empty and sometimes it shows 1 camera (not always the same one) but it hasn't shown all 4 since yesterday morning and when it doesn't show any I can't even get in to watch recordings.  The Safety Alarm card hasn't shown anything since yesterday morning.  When I look in devices at least all of the devices are still connected.

Devices and accounts should now be working for all users, please let us know if you are not able to log into your account or if a device is missing from the account. We are in the process of addressing schedules, rules and scenes. [/size]

https://support.irisbylowes.com/link/portal/30143/30206/Article/837/Platform-Update-08-33-AM-EST-18-NOV-16

I'm still missing 15 devices and the app crashes when selecting actions on a scene

Devices and accounts should now be working for all users, please let us know if you are not able to log into your account or if a device is missing from the account. We are in the process of addressing schedules, rules and scenes. 

Are you working on the dashboard cards, or the device type information?  Something there isn't working correctly since my Camera and Safety cards are empty or only 1 camera shows up.  All of the devices are in the device list however.

Cards are still missing data, no cameras, lights or switches present, in the device list I'm missing 2 cameras and 2 door sensors still.  

On the Climate screen, my CT101 thermostat is showing up, reporting properly and can be controlled manually. However, it has disappeared from the Schedule screen. There is nothing appearing under "Tap on the device below to manage its schedule."

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read closely enough; I see you are still working on schedules.

I'm still missing 2 devices, and I can't arm or disarm on the app (iphone). I armed this morning on the keypad, but the app shows it as "Arming" and stuck at -1s. What do I do if I walk in the door after work and the siren sounds and I can't turn it off? Start taking out batteries I guess.