Anyone else having issues around 4 pm Eastern?
3 3

197 posts in this topic

I got the email, maybe those that didn't should check your SPAM folder.  It is not from the same address as other emails I received from the system in the past.

Email showed up in my inbox this morning (Nov 19) at 12:26 AM.

Better late than never I guess.

post-4879-0-59823900-1479567396_thumb.png

Email showed up in my inbox this morning (Nov 19) at 12:26 AM.

Better late than never I guess.

Mine just showed up this morning also.

I replied back to let them know my system was still screwed but I'm not really expecting that helps. 

Still missing some functionality.  

1) Kids FOBs still aren't showing up on the family card, and thus not triggering any rules.  The FOBs do show up in Devices.

2) The IRIS Garage door opener is still ghosted out.  I can't do anything with it.

post-4651-0-28390100-1479572758_thumb.png

post-4651-0-17094000-1479572769_thumb.png

Things are the same at this time as they were a couple of days ago.  Two thermostats and a smart plug missing from Dashboard.  I'm hoping that IRIS is working weekends to finish clearing this up.  

I did get a notification email but it wasn't until Friday at 2 pm.  I had no idea that this problem was with the system server.  I thought my system was just wonky. In my efforts to fix the problem at my end -  I did "rebuild the z-wave network" and I tried to re-pair one of my thermostats.  Neither of these things helped.  If they had immediately put out a notice that there were problems, I wouldn't have started to monkey around.

I did get a notification email but it wasn't until Friday at 2 pm.  I had no idea that this problem was with the system server.  I thought my system was just wonky. In my efforts to fix the problem at my end -  I did "rebuild the z-wave network" and I tried to re-pair one of my thermostats.  Neither of these things helped.  If they had immediately put out a notice that there were problems, I wouldn't have started to monkey around.

I still never saw an email, maybe it went to the Spam folder, and I dumped it before ever seeing it. Regardless, that's the other issue is anymore we've all just come to expect instability with the system and have to deal with it now. There is no standardized or open communication with Iris and "us" (the customer) so why wouldn't we be expected to "monkey around" and try and solve our own problems?

Day's later we all have non-working systems thanks to something that was never tested, that was forced upon us, that many of us are paying a monthly fee for. This is exactly why we want local processing, and control over upgrades. When Lowes system goes down, hacked, or upgrades go wrong, at least my system would function locally and I could use the keypad. Right now I have nothing, but excuses, and a monthly bill.

I don't understand why they can't at least revert the entire system to the state it was before? Clearly this "upgrade" has issues. Lets stop trying to force it down everyone's throat and make sure it works before rolling it system-wide.

All of my cards appear to be working again finally. Hopefully they stay that way. The camera still shots on the camera card are outdated but I didn't really expect anything to work better than before this change. Also my climate cards default temperature sensor changed back to the sliding glass door sensor like it does fairly often. But right now my systems seems to be back to how it was early last week. The camera stills updated in about a minute or so this time.

Just FYI, my hub beeped like a door opened, then went offline. However before it did it changed my thermostat to Auto, Heat 66, Cool 82. Better than off I guess....

*EDIT* I don't want to say anything to soon, but it looks like everything may be back.to normal?

Just FYI, my hub beeped like a door opened, then went offline. However before it did it changed my thermostat to Auto, Heat 66, Cool 82. Better than off I guess....

*EDIT* I don't want to say anything to soon, but it looks like everything may be back.to normal?

Same, I hope they learn from this. Create a test environment people with every possible device and configuration.

Simple IT procedures.  

Okay, we're making progress.  Everything that was missing (2 thermostats and 2 smartplugs) is back on my dashboard...

The smart plugs appear to be working.  The thermostats seem to be intermittently responsive.  I was able to change the temperature once on one of the thermostats, but then it stopped responding.  The other thermostat doesn't want to respond.  

Devices, schedules, service cards and logins should all be functioning as normal at this time. If that is not the case for you, please call our support team at 855-469-4747 so we can track it. You may still have duplicate devices, but we are working to remove these throughout the day. We recommend leaving these in your system and not deleting or re-adding them. Rules and Scenes are still currently being worked on today.