Lowes itis time for you to change
1 1

4 posts in this topic

This weeks outage caused by Lowes upgrades on hardware has caused many subscribers a lot of pain.

After 24 hours of this forum finding major issues with this Lowes finally sent an e-mail to their user base about the issue.

Most users are used to trying to fix things by themselves as calls to support usually are remove and repair the device.

If Lowes would have told the customers that we are doing an upgrade folks wouldn't have tried removing and readding devices that Lowes asked folks to NOT do well into this outage.

Lowes has to become more customer focused and really try to keep what folks still are using this mess V2 system.

Parity to V1 is no where close to where it should be.

Communication has to become a priority from Lowes. Monthly updates with no explanation of what they are fixing/adding has to be done.

Upgrade notifications must start to be sent to the customers.

An open and honest parity roadmap must be discussed with the customers.

Lowes compromised many folks homes with this outage and they need to be held accountable to their customers.

Agree 100%. The last few months saw more stability than we have seen in a very long time. Then suddenly they are back to their old ways. Little concern for customers and their well being and safety.

If anyone is willing to write up an online petition to the head of Iris I am sure many here will sign it. Send it to the head of Iris, Mick Koster, through his LinkedIn account here;

http://linkedin.com/in/mick-koster-0035ab2

I agree 1000%.  Thank you making the statement.  Who knows what goes on behind the scenes but they have not learned from past mistakes.  What they are doing now is the the same things they have been doing the last two years.  This started long before they rolled out V2.  Their lack of communication and the level of mismanagement that I've seen is and should be considered a disgrace by Lowes.  True, it has been fairly stable the last few months but then again from a users standpoint I don't know that they have done anything related to bringing back parity.  Advising customers this go around only happened  after the problem with the system became so big that it couldn't be contained.  It seems that everything they do relative to consideration to the customer is after the fact.  It has become almost impossible for me to recommend this product to any new user looking for home security and automation.  I stick with it because I have three homes outfitted with their product and it would be a major expense to replace everything.  I keep hoping they will learn to treat the customers with respect but this is just another example of what they have been doing all along. 

This weeks outage caused by Lowes upgrades on hardware has caused many subscribers a lot of pain.

After 24 hours of this forum finding major issues with this Lowes finally sent an e-mail to their user base about the issue.

Most users are used to trying to fix things by themselves as calls to support usually are remove and repair the device.

If Lowes would have told the customers that we are doing an upgrade folks wouldn't have tried removing and readding devices that Lowes asked folks to NOT do well into this outage.

Lowes has to become more customer focused and really try to keep what folks still are using this mess V2 system.

Parity to V1 is no where close to where it should be.

Communication has to become a priority from Lowes. Monthly updates with no explanation of what they are fixing/adding has to be done.

Upgrade notifications must start to be sent to the customers.

An open and honest parity roadmap must be discussed with the customers.

Lowes compromised many folks homes with this outage and they need to be held accountable to their customers.

Even sadder, this issue is par for the course for Iris all the way to the gen 1 version, where server issues would happen without alerting customers, prompting us to reset hubs, pair and unpair devices, etc. only to find out (after calling CS and been on hold for an average of 30 minutes) that the problem was on their end. Why do they choose to ignore repeated requests to institute a system to alert customers is beyond me, as is why there isn't an official Iris server status webpage that customers can check through the app or on their website.