Anyone else seeing general instability since the outage?

6 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if anyone has seen any new problems crop up since we got the "all clear" that everything had been restored from the "Great Pre-Thanksgiving Debacle of 2016" (GPTD for short if you want).  Prior to that everything was working flawlessly (except the thermostat would occasionally set itself to 45/95), but I've got problems with lights turning on at unscheduled times.  I just wondered if it had to do with the GPTD or if the couple of new devices I've added recently have caused instability.

Thank you for your consideration.  I'm Soozicle, and I approve this message...  oh wait, sorry that's over!

Well fart, I guess I'm the lucky one then.  One of the sylvania bulbs in my garage has decided to do the constant "disconnected reconnected" dance since then though it has been fine since I moved it onto v2, and random lights are still coming on at random times- just caught my back door light on when it's set up to only trigger by motion after dark, and a different light randomly came on at 4:16 this morning.  *Shaking fist in the air* whyyyyy right before I put up my holiday lights?!?!  *sulk*  I'm going to find my outdoor christmas lights on at 4am every other night, aren't I?

Well fart, I guess I'm the lucky one then.  One of the sylvania bulbs in my garage has decided to do the constant "disconnected reconnected" dance since then though it has been fine since I moved it onto v2, and random lights are still coming on at random times- just caught my back door light on when it's set up to only trigger by motion after dark, and a different light randomly came on at 4:16 this morning.  *Shaking fist in the air* whyyyyy right before I put up my holiday lights?!?!  *sulk*  I'm going to find my outdoor christmas lights on at 4am every other night, aren't I?

I have had a few of my rules that are set to only work "sunrise to sunset" ignoring the schedule.  I ended up deleting a couple of the schedule portion and then re-adding it.  It seems to have taken care of it.  Not all of them did it, just a couple of GE switches.  Not sure if there's a pattern, or if it was just random.  It was only on a couple of GE switches out of many with similar rules/schedules.

I have had random instability since the GPTD. Every day a different device disconnects or does not follow the schedule. Hoping this calms down soon. Holiday weekend and lots of guests and activity. Don't need my home heat and lights to go haywire.