Iris App Release Notes: 1.15
3 3

69 posts in this topic

Update 1.15 is being submitted to the Google Play store. It will be available to iOS users once approved by the Apple Store. This release contains the following:

Feature: Touch ID Enablement for iOS Devices

• Iris users accessing their system with an iOS device will now be allowed to log in to the app with a simple touch of their finger.

Feature: Santa Tracker 2016

• Santa Tracker is a seasonal feature we re-enabled that allows parents and children to ‘track’ Santa’s movements through your home on Christmas Eve while helping ‘prove’ to children that Santa is, in fact, real. Santa Tracker is for ‘entertainment’ purposes only and does not require the purchase of any sensors for this feature to work.  

More than 70 bug fixes in Release 1.15, including:

Device Related:

• Bulbs & Dimmers
  • Resolved driver issue that prevented some users from controlling non-dimmable Sylvania BR30 bulbs
  • Fixed issue where OSRAM GardenSpot lights would not retain the previously set hue after the device was power cycled
  • Repaired issue where changes made to the brightness of an OSRAM dimmable bulb would be inconsistently applied when bulb is powered off.
  • Fixed issue where OSRAM bulbs that support color temperature would not retain previously set color temperature when a bulb was reset
  • Resolved reported instances where GE In-Wall Dimmer Switch attributes were not populated until after a state change in the bulb was initiated by the end user
  • For OSRAM A19 RGB Bulbs, resolved incidents where hue changes not specified by end user would occur when turning color mode on/off/on
  • For OSRAM A19 or BR30 RGB Bulbs, resolved issue where brightness attribute would set to an unrequested value when user requested a different brightness value
  • Resolved issue where dimmable bulbs may improperly set to zero brightness when turned off by schedule

Android Specific:

Rules

• Resolved isolated reports where Android users were unable to access the Climate Service by clicking the Climate card via the Iris App dashboard.

iOS Specific:

Device Pairing & Performance

1. Bulbs & Dimmers:

• Resolved issue where OSRAM bulbs would turn off when attempting to adjust the brightness of the light
  • Fixed issue where bulbs that are only dimmable would display controls for color and color temperature
  • Corrected issue where some users reported bulbs displaying 100% brightness in the UI even when the bulb was set to a lower level of brightness

2. Pet Door:

• Fixed limited issue reported by basic users that would experience issues with the Iris app when navigating to their paired Pet Door and selecting the ‘More’ tab

3. Wi-Fi Smart Switch:

• Resolved all known pairing issues related to reports from iOS 10 users having difficulty during initial pairing of Wi-Fi Smart Switch

Notifications

• Resolved isolated instances reported where iOS users may not receive select push notifications

Rules

• Fixed issue where user would attempt to create a rule that was not able to be satisfied for any reason (ex. no paired devices associated with rule, etc.) without informing the user that the rule could not, in fact, be created

Thanks for the update,  I think these kind of updates will really help ease some of the misgivings some have for the system.

However, I was hoping for at least one parity issue to be resolved with the next update.

Technically, Touch ID is a parity issue. So yes, you got exactly one parity item in there.

Technically, Touch ID is a parity issue. So yes, you got exactly one parity item in there.

I stand corrected.  You're right we did have that in V1.  So we did get one. 

It's good they are starting with the ones everyone has been complaining about.   ^_^

I stand corrected.  You're right we did have that in V1.  So we did get one. 

It's good they are starting with the ones everyone has been complaining about.   ^_^

True. I never quite understood why we needed touch ID in iris. My phone is locked via touch ID... so I have to use my fingerprint to get into my phone... I don't see why you would need to authenticate again (with the same credentials) to access an app. That is why I lock my phone.

Is it a common problem to unlock your phone and hand it to someone who might want to do something nefarious?

True. I never quite understood why we needed touch ID in iris. My phone is locked via touch ID... so I have to use my fingerprint to get into my phone... I don't see why you would need to authenticate again (with the same credentials) to access an app. That is why I lock my phone.

Is it a common problem to unlock your phone and hand it to someone who might want to do something nefarious?

The app never requires me to log in, as long as I don't log out. So I don't find this particularly useful.

Thank you for the very detailed explanation of many of the bug fixes. That makes a big difference for users, not having to guess whether an existing problem was supposed to be fixed by a particular update. Again, thank you.

Question: In regard to the 70 bug fixes, is correcting the time stamp among them?

http://forum.livingwithiris.com/index.php?/topic/3625-camera-time-stamp-bug-again/

I don't see the additional authentication to be a bad thing.   Most online baking sites also require a second set of authentication and do not auto login for this reason.   If iris were only home automation it may be a little different, but since it's home security I think the option of not having single sign-on would be beneficial for some.  

Thank you for the very detailed explanation of many of the bug fixes. That makes a big difference for users, not having to guess whether an existing problem was supposed to be fixed by a particular update. Again, thank you.

Question: In regard to the 70 bug fixes, is correcting the time stamp among them?

http://forum.livingwithiris.com/index.php?/topic/3625-camera-time-stamp-bug-again/

Can you PM us a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Most online baking sites also require a second set of authentication and do not auto login for this reason.   If iris were only home automation it may be a little different, but since it's home security I think the option of not having single sign-on would be beneficial for some.  

The problem is, its not a "second set of authentication" credentials. You unlock the phone with your fingerprint, and then you unlock iris with the same fingerprint.

What makes 2 factor authentication effective is you have, not only two DIFFERENT sets of credentials, but they are also of two different types (something you know, and something you have).

So it requires you to physically have access to something (likely a fob or generator of some sort that changes the key periodically) in addition to requiring you to know the password.

If someone gains access to your single set of credentials, making them enter it 2 times is not a security feature, it's a nuisance...

The app never requires me to log in, as long as I don't log out. So I don't find this particularly useful.

If I'm not mistaken you had to unlock iris V1 with a fingerprint EVERY TIME. I don't know that it technically logged you out, it just didn't allow you to open it without the fingerprint.

If I'm not mistaken you had to unlock iris V1 with a fingerprint EVERY TIME. I don't know that it technically logged you out, it just didn't allow you to open it without the fingerprint.

That is correct and perhaps that is what they are going to do with V2. I hope not but could be.

Thanks for the update. Glad I have the Santa tracker working. I came home to a dark house as none of my scheduled lights came on. Also a cold house as my thermostat didn't follow the schedule. So maybe if I focus on the great value the Santa tracker offers to us customers then I will appreciate how great iris is. (Hint: it's not working).

• Fixed issue where OSRAM bulbs that support color temperature would not retain previously set color temperature when a bulb was reset
  • For OSRAM A19 RGB Bulbs, resolved incidents where hue changes not specified by end user would occur when turning color mode on/off/on

I came home last night and noticed my RGBW porch lamp was green. It should have been non-color bright white. I was looking at it, wondering when it changed, and my wife said she liked it and it looked good for the holiday. I started laughing, because I had just THOUGHT earlier in the day about changing it to red or green for the month but had not done it yet. 

I think after Halloween I had set to green to see what it looked like and then flipped it over to "non color" white where it has been for a month. I guess it "reset" and fell back to the previous setting.

So I guess Iris now reads minds :)

@IrisByLowes, Do you know if there will also be a hub firmware update associated with this new version?
If so, can you give us an idea as to when it will drop so that we will know that this isn't an outage or an issue on our end? I don't want to be unplugging things and trying to troubleshoot an issue if it's just a known firmware update which we were not made aware of.

I came home last night and noticed my RGBW porch lamp was green. It should have been non-color bright white.)

As I was leaving this morning I saw it was still on. By scene it Should have shut off. Checked my history when I got to work and all my devices were connecting and disconnecting yesterday afternoon. That bulb never reconnected. This same thing has happened in the past where it doesn't reconnect. A hard power cycle tonight will probably fix it.

When I view devices in the iOS app all else looks fine until I select the hub device and it tells me it is offline. That red banner stays until I leave and come back to the app. On my history one of scenes run from last night shows as "UNKNOWN_SCENE" but when I look at my list of scenes all are named including that one.

My home broadband is definitely up so that's not the problem. I won't be able to troubleshoot until later today but this really annoys me.

Does Lowe's give service credits (against the $10 a month) for these issues?

@IrisByLowes, Do you know if there will also be a hub firmware update associated with this new version?

If so, can you give us an idea as to when it will drop so that we will know that this isn't an outage or an issue on our end? I don't want to be unplugging things and trying to troubleshoot an issue if it's just a known firmware update which we were not made aware of.

And even when asked straight out they can't provide an answer.

Even though the very next post in this thread is from IrisByLowes

a couple hours later.