System Down?
2 2

64 posts in this topic

Anyone else down right now?  When I try to log in to the app it takes several minutes then I get a banner at the top of "hub not found."   My brother also has been having issues all day today.  Anyone else?  

Ya i cant get on either. Now it is asking for my username and password but it will not let me in. BAD day for this, i have a injured dog that i need to monitor via my camera. The ONE time i actually need it to work and it is down....par for the course i guess

Yes, it's highly annoying that they have to render our systems completely useless to do an update and they don't let us know when it is happening.
Even the post by @IrisByLowes today about an "upcoming update" did not mention any downtime, and only mentioned that it has been pushed to the google play store.

my hub is offline too. Never got a email or push notification of pending

update from Lowes/Iris or from the Iris Portal which I know is not part

of Iris but you are supposed to be able to get email notifications from

there of firmware updates, maybe this action does not fall into that

category.

I hope I can get my cameras and GE Z-Wave POC switches working after this.

Same problem I saw last time around 4PM EST. I just got it to log in for a minute and all my cards were blank. I force closed the app and tried again and now it's not loading.

If I had latchkey kids getting home from school while I was at work I'd be highly upset that they keep doing this crap right when school gets out on the east coast every time !!!

I'm having similar issues. Even before this thread started, my system was experiencing alarm issues.

My wife tried leaving the house and the alarm wouldn't arm from either the keypad or keyfob (or so she thought). Then a short time later after she leaves the house, I get text messages and a phone call saying the alarm was tripped. I reset it remotely, but then when she gets home, it's not armed.

I'm guessing this is all related.

Same problem I saw last time around 4PM EST. I just got it to log in for a minute and all my cards were blank. I force closed the app and tried again and now it's not loading.

If I had latchkey kids getting home from school while I was at work I'd be highly upset that they keep doing this crap right when school gets out on the east coast every time !!!

Agree but there is always a bad time for someone somewhere. You can't

please everyone when you go about it like this. Redundant servers

upgraded sequentially seems pretty simple.

Now getting caught by a DDS attack or other unforeseen problem is another

matter and they are not going to advertise that by admitting to it while

its in progress, at least I hope they would not do that. Some times they

just can't say what the problem is for the good of everyone involved no

matter how much you or I bitch, and I know I am right up there with the

best (loudest) of them.

But two hours ago I am trying to show my friend the system and how it works

and nothing is operating the way it should, not at all for that matter, and

now I know why. Didn't make for a good showing for Iris as far as persuading

someone to buy into this snake oil system that's for sure. He left here wondering

if Iris was the right move or should he go with SmartThings or even another system.

My hub still shows as not found on the app.   Total downtime is now over an hour.   Really not good for a security based platform that protects our homes.   :(  Where is the accountability in the system?   Is there any kind of SLA or metrics that Iris is responsible for to ensure a good customer experience? I don't expect any answers from others in the same boat as me, but it's definitely a thought we should all be thinking about.   These kinds of things wouldn't fly with most company's and services.