Thermostat to Run Furnance Fan Only
3 3

6 posts in this topic

It would be nice if the CT101 thermostats could run just the furnace fan and we had a set of rules when to trigger just the fan (no heat or cooling).  I have baseboard heat and use the forced air for air conditioning in the summer and like to run just the fan on the furnace in the winter when the air gets dry in order to trigger the whole house humidifier.  I will also sometimes run just fan to circulate the air in the house through the air scrubber I have on the furnace or if one room becomes much hotter or colder than another.

I would really like to do all kinds of rules around running the fan only.  A few examples are:

• If humidity on Thermostat X is less than ___% run fan until humidity is ___%
  • If _____ device is less than # degrees run fun until _______ device is # degrees
  • run fan for _____ minutes when motion is detected or smart button is pushed

With air exchangers, scrubbers, filters, mixed temperature zones and entire house humidifiers there are lots of conditions that it would great to automate kicking on the fan.  What I am doing today is I have both the Iris thermostat and an old fashion thermostat (connected to the fan only) hooked up and I find myself toggling the old fashion one on and off all the time.

I did contact iris before on this and it is not possible on the CT101 for the app to control the fan-only.  The fan-only can only be run locally at the thermostat.  Apparently the firmware on the 101 doesn't support remote control of the fan-only command.   Ecobee BTW also lets you schedule how often per hour you'd like your fan to run.  

I did contact iris before on this and it is not possible on the CT101 for the app to control the fan-only.  The fan-only can only be run locally at the thermostat.  Apparently the firmware on the 101 doesn't support remote control of the fan-only command.   Ecobee BTW also lets you schedule how often per hour you'd like your fan to run.  

Been a while since I've been here...  Unfortunately you were lied to by support.  It's possible, Lowe's has chosen not to implement it but other SmartHome systems can take advantage of it.

The Z-wave Alliance website lists the following commands:

Model: RTCOA CT101 Thermostat (CT101)

Z-Wave Certification Number: ZC08-15040003

Supported Command Classes

Association
        Basic
        Battery
        Clock
        Configuration
        Indicator
        Manufacturer Specific
        Multi Channel
        Multilevel Sensor
        Thermostat Fan
        Thermostat Fan State
        Thermostat Mode
        Thermostat Operating State
        Thermostat Setpoint
        Version

I'd like this for my whole house humidifier. A rule would do. Now that I think about it not many new rule updates lately. I can't get mine above 35%, had to buy a small room humidifier for the bedroom.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk