Hide picture on dashboard

13 posts in this topic

Is there a way to hide the picture on the dashboard? I'd rather have the screen room versus seeing a pic of my house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My recollection from earlier is that once you have selected the picture of your house there is no way to de-select it.  I cannot recall how I did it but I think fully deleting the App may somehow cause the program to redo everything.  I now have the standard blue back ground and no picture but as I said, I cannot recall how I actually got there.  Maybe someone can chime in.

My recollection from earlier is that once you have selected the picture of your house there is no way to de-select it.  I cannot recall how I did it but I think fully deleting the App may somehow cause the program to redo everything.  I now have the standard blue back ground and no picture but as I said, I cannot recall how I actually got there.  Maybe someone can chime in.

That's correct.  I actually created a small, black box in windows Paint, saved that file as a .jpg file, emailed to myself, then opened it on my phone and set that as the background in Iris.  Now I can see all the font easily since it's all white.  it's boring, but it makes it easy to see and read!   :)

You are correct, once you add a background photo the only way to get it back to the default is to delete the app and re-install it.  This also applies to any device you have added a photo to.  However, you can change any of the photos at anytime.  Adding photos increases the amount of storage space the application uses on your phone considerably.

I think it's a great idea if the image could be removed also by choice.  It can be a nice touch, but I'm more of a function over form guy so I'd rather have more helpful information on the screen. :)    BTW, here is how the app looks with uploaded just a dark colored background.  Makes it so much easier to read!  

gallery_82_25_5517.png

I think it's a great idea if the image could be removed also by choice.  It can be a nice touch, but I'm more of a function over form guy so I'd rather have more helpful information on the screen. :)    BTW, here is how the app looks with uploaded just a dark colored background.  Makes it so much easier to read!  

This was a great idea, thanks!  I just turned off the flash and laid the phone down on a black keyboard.  Much easier to see the data with the background contrast.

Great idea! thanks, i really do not like the tranparent foreground/background. It mau be ok for some young computer programmers with thick glasses, the contrast and small fonts really suck for those over 40! Lowes needs to remember that most millenials who may buy their product still live at home!

Lowes needs to remember that most millenials who may buy their product still live at home!

Why is this last part necessary to be included since the only thing it does is try and degrade an entire age group?  That is a B.S. generalization.    I fit into this "demo-graph" and have lived on my own since 18 and bought my first house at 24.  I know plenty of others who have done similar things.   

gallery_82_25_5517.png

Yes, but if you view it real size is it so easy to read?

When I put my Galaxy Note 3 next to the screen this image

below is almost the same size as my phones screen and

measures 5.75" diagonally, so this is what I see.

post-4879-0-91842600-1482973851_thumb.png