Send NC or NO signal to my surveillance systems to start recording

6 posts in this topic

How could I send a trigger signal to my surveillance systems that is not IRIS compatible. I want to set all cameras to record if the alarm is tripped. Is there a device already out there? Can an IRIS switch be used with low voltage?

Actually I've been thinking about the same thing. I use Blue Iris for recording my IP cameras (non Iris).

While I record all the time (24/7) to local hard drive, I would like to do something on trigger. For example, if my front porch motion sensor (Iris) trips, Blue Iris FTPs/copies a clip to offsite (cloud) storage, creating an immediate backup if that person breaks in and steals my security camera PC :)

Blue Iris also supports I/O so you could use it as an interface between your cameras and your I/O devices.  It also has the ability to clone cameras so you could setup one camera for full time recording and have the clone do something with a trigger.  Cloning uses the same camera feed so it doesn't require additional resources from the PC running the application.