In-Wall Control center
1 1

4 posts in this topic

The Nucleus was on sale at Lowes a while back for 149. Yesterday they were 199, and the regular price is 249 which is too much I think. At 149 you might get some people to bite, including me. But when I can get a decent small tablet for less than $75 its a tough sell at 249 or even 199.

Still, I look forward to the day when the cheesy keypad is gone and replaced with a touch screen interface which the user can customize and have full control of the system and all its settings. I could see me getting a couple of those if I could do two-way video with audio between the Nucleus and a camera mounted at the door.

One thing that seems to be missing is the inability to talk to more than one remote station. You can't open a one to many or one to all stations conversation as you can with most intercoms.

From what I understand, there is no actual integration between the nucleus and iris, other than the fact that it has alexa built in, which integrates with iris itself.
From what I have read, it acts more like a tap than an echo or a dot, in that you have to tap the alexa option on the screen in order to use it.
Not at all what I had in mind... I was hoping it would act as a touch control center, or at least have a voice activated alexa option.
I don't think there have been any official communications that implied direct integration with iris. If anything, I would think its probably more likely that we get the ability to access the Nucleus cameras from iris eventually, but even that is no more than speculation.
I can't imagine at $250 a pop (or even $199), they sell enough of these to stay above water... That's $400-$500 for a pair... and you pretty much need at least two to really utilize their main feature.