Official Iris Community Launch
5 5

43 posts in this topic

This is my biggest complaint as well.  Also there really seems to be no place on the forum for these types of threads.  To me none of the categories seem to be a place to put comments about the forum.

We're looking at making a General thread as well if there's enough interest. We didn't want to start with too many boards at launch, but it may be added.

To me key questions concerning the new forum are these:

1. Will the format of the new forum allow for users to respond to problems noted by fellow users?
  2. Will the format of the new forum allow Lowe's to directly respond to problems of its IRIS users?
  3. Will Lowe's continue to monitor and post to this site periodically?
  4. Will this affect the participation of some of this site's senior "very technical experts" who have a loose connection to Lowe's?

I don't see it much different than most things on the internet these days. Most companies will have their own web presence/support site and there will be many forums from third parties dedicated to the product as well.

The consensus of the administrators is that the livingwithiris forum is not and can not be censored by Lowe's and will give us a place to post problems, comments and issues that will not have a place or be allowed on the official Iris Community.  Therefore the plan going forward is to maintain this site.

The new Lowes forum should include a Parity thread as well.

While Lowes has spoke of remote monitoring we have no local processing or a web interface that are major issues for V1 users.

Oh, and thanks Lowes for waiting for 24 hours or so to make a statement about the November update fiasco.

The new Lowes forum should include a Parity thread as well.

While Lowes has spoke of remote monitoring we have no local processing or a web interface that are major issues for V1 users.

Oh, and thanks Lowes for waiting for 24 hours or so to make a statement about the November update fiasco.

I posted several of what I thought as parity issues as bugs.  Others posted some of those same issues as feature request, but I don't see them as feature request.  These were things that used to work and now don't so to me that is a bug.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:06 PM, Otto Mation said:

@IrisByLowes

There is also no quote button for responding to individual posts in the features request forum.  The quote button always quoted the original post which is dumb.  How are we supposed to debate the pros and cons and refine feature requests?

+1 , I noticed that too. I always liked vBulletin forum software.
I find it easy to navigate and plenty of options to customize the look and feel.